How about two more "types" of caches (icons)

Markwell

The locationless caches are already subdivided into another category on the system. But there is no separate icon to indicate that the cache is indeed a locationless cache. Maybe something like...

3419_7500.gif

but that won't shrink well. Any other suggestions?

Also, there is still a small number of moving caches. I'm not talking about hitchhikers like Scoob and Shag that were set up with cache pages, but actual caches with trade trinkets, etc., that MOVE. A long time ago, I suggested this icon:

2485_600.gif

But Jeremy responded that animated graphics tend to make the cache pages too busy. Anyone else got a suggestion? I would hope if we could get good graphics that Jeremy might actually implement them.

There was a thread over here where I described this type of cache.

Markwell

Chicago Geocachers

I'm still hoping we get attributes sometime so we can get along without adding 300 cache types, but for the meantime, how about this: For mobile caches, you could do cartoon-style multi-view. You know, like in some cartoons when a character is moving really fast, you'll have, like, three exposures, the real one, the faded previous location, and the really faded previous previous location.

/me wishes I was at home so I could draw it.

quote:
Originally posted by ClayJar:

I'm still hoping we get attributes sometime so we can get along without adding 300 cache types

By attributes, do you mean what I saw somewhere else that someone (maybe you?) mentioned, like what you see for park listings where there are icons to show what is available (a picnic table for picnicing, a swing for a playground, a boat for a boat ramp, etc.)?

This would be very useful. Like a boat for hydrocaches, a tree for caches in the woods, a building for urban caches, etc. Or even multiples of these as necessary. That way you could be more descriptive without the need for more cache types.

icon_wigogeocaching.gif