FTF's in one day.

920 FTF's - 46 in one day. (And that's in Iowa!) Too say there's a Metro area in the state would be an overstatement.

The first to find race is awesome. There are about 20 to 30 FTF hounds in the capital city of Des Moines. Every time a cache publishes, it is a race to sign your name first. (Pretty lame when you say it like this.) Even with all this competition, there is surprisingly a lot of sportsmanship among those hounds. Sometimes too much. The Iowa caching commmunity is pretty tight. Take a look at the new caches in Iowa and you have to get to the third page to actually get to a non-event cache. Our neighboring states have about half a page of events. We all enjoy the hobby and the other people that play. The ones that don't either quit the game or go into another form of finding stuff.

A subgame of the FTF game (when people are NOT feeling very sportsmanlike) is BLOODLUSTING. Named after the infamous cacher who has since retired from the FTF game. In the subgame, you find the container, sign the log, and put it back without anyone seeing you do it. That, my friends, is very hard to do. But it certainly is a great burn. I think some of you forum flamers will love this tatic. I been on both ends of this tatic and it's funny and it sucks. But, it's just a game.

Come to Iowa to cache. MOGA's here next year.

MOGA Champ 2008, 2011

HNS Champ, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010

Yeah, god help you if you are from out of state and try to get an FTF in that area of Iowa. Even if you get one, you'll get viciously attacked and cursed at. I stopped bothering to try to get FTF after that, pretty much anywhere. I generally try to avoid the area altogether, I groaned when I heard MOGA would be there next year. Somehow doubt I'll go.

Oh, and my personal record for FTF in one day is 2... but they were both 300 miles from home. :)

Well, they are from Iowa, after all. ;)

Hey Happykraut how many FTFs in a day do you have? I would like to know. I dig your handle by the way.

My 'record' is 288 in one day. Obviously on the ET highway. My wife and I had a blast. Anytime I go caching I have a good time. Even the so-called lame ones are fun because I'm outdoors and there is always something new to see. Cache on.

Yeah, god help you if you are from out of state and try to get an FTF in that area of Iowa. Even if you get one, you'll get viciously attacked and cursed at. I stopped bothering to try to get FTF after that, pretty much anywhere. I generally try to avoid the area altogether, I groaned when I heard MOGA would be there next year. Somehow doubt I'll go.

You should talk to some of the locals I know from that state. Dam fine decent people that'll have your back, sight unseen, and will openly and warmly welcome you to any event.

Hey Happykraut how many FTFs in a day do you have? I would like to know. I dig your handle by the way.

My 'record' is 288 in one day. Obviously on the ET highway. My wife and I had a blast. Anytime I go caching I have a good time. Even the so-called lame ones are fun because I'm outdoors and there is always something new to see. Cache on.

Sweet. We always have a blast as well.

You should talk to some of the locals I know from that state. Dam fine decent people that'll have your back, sight unseen, and will openly and warmly welcome you to any event.

:) But you're eastern, not central. :)

I groaned when I heard MOGA would be there next year. Somehow doubt I'll go.

You gotta go to MOGA...it's fun times! :)

What part of my last post was unclear?

This is not a thread about MOGA. I am rather tired of reading about it. If you want to discuss MOGA within the confines of the forum guidelines, go start a thread in the Midwest forum where I don't need to monitor it.

Perhaps my last post was too polite. In the event I need to be clearer, we are finished talking about MOGA in this thread. This thread is for talking about FTF achievements.

I've got nothng against those who like to get FTF-I wait to give them a chance to get FTF. What I don't like is talk about "records" for the most FTFs in a day. Its just like those who did ET Trail and declared themselves world record holders because they can relay caches from one spot to the other faster than others. They act like it makes them a great cacher. But it does not. There are things other than numbers.

The great thing about America is if you don't like certain speech...you can just ignore it.

I have 46 in one day...didn't get home until 4:30 am.

Hey, what's up with the personal attacks against me? And the State of Iowa? I thought that was against the rules. Don't worry, moderator, I got thick skin. Some people should try it in on to see if it fits. And don't claim a FTF when YOUR name wasn't first on the list. I know because it was my cache.

My record for FTFs is 1047 in a day. As far as I know, that is a world record.

Of course, they all got deleted but since the FTF game is just made up anyway, I win.

1047,that's fantastic. Where was that at?

Heh. I made them up. Highlight the post.

I actually do keep track of my FTFs, but for myself I am more interested in things like the average difficulty or terrain and the length the cache has gone before being found than I am in the count per day.

920 FTF's - 46 in one day. (And that's in Iowa!) Too say there's a Metro area in the state would be an overstatement.

The first to find race is awesome. There are about 20 to 30 FTF hounds in the capital city of Des Moines. Every time a cache publishes, it is a race to sign your name first. (Pretty lame when you say it like this.) Even with all this competition, there is surprisingly a lot of sportsmanship among those hounds. Sometimes too much. The Iowa caching commmunity is pretty tight. Take a look at the new caches in Iowa and you have to get to the third page to actually get to a non-event cache. Our neighboring states have about half a page of events. We all enjoy the hobby and the other people that play. The ones that don't either quit the game or go into another form of finding stuff.

A subgame of the FTF game (when people are NOT feeling very sportsmanlike) is BLOODLUSTING. Named after the infamous cacher who has since retired from the FTF game. In the subgame, you find the container, sign the log, and put it back without anyone seeing you do it. That, my friends, is very hard to do. But it certainly is a great burn. I think some of you forum flamers will love this tatic. I been on both ends of this tatic and it's funny and it sucks. But, it's just a game.

Come to Iowa to cache. MOGA's here next year.

MOGA Champ 2008, 2011

HNS Champ, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010

Oh, and my personal record for FTF in one day is 2... but they were both 300 miles from home. :)

Sure had me fooled. I'd love to know who really holds the world record and where it took place.