2011 Magellan CITO Sponsorship Announcement!

Magellan, the exclusive 2011 sponsor of Cache In Trash Out (CITO), is providing geocachers all over the world with even more incentive to be a part of CITO this year. Magellan will be sending up to 50 goodie bags with fun stuff giveaway to event coordinators. To apply, simply email cito@magellangps.com with your real name, username, mailing address, and CITO event page listing. The goodie bags will be provided on a “first come, first serve” basis.

In addition, Magellan will be providing 7 events with a super sponsorship package that includes an eXplorist GC GPS receiver to giveaway to a lucky geocacher in attendance! Here are the events where you could walk away with a brand new eXplorist GPS receiver!

GC2G8A3 Taylor Park CITO

GC2NEZZ 5th Annual Juno Dunes Natural Area C.I.T.O.

GC2PA0G 7th Annual Tribute CITO ~ In honor of Billzjeep

GC2NWGN CITO Spring 2011 Lehigh Valley Geocachers

GC2QBQ8 We Are Nashville: A Flood Recovery CITO

GC2MKBR CITO @ Cricket Creek 2011

GC2KVM8 Dresdner CITO

Magellan thanks all the CITO participants for their efforts to help clean up our favorite open spaces. We’d love to hear all about your CITO experiences. Share your posts and comments at Magellan Outdoor’s facebook page or send us an email at cito@magellangps.com. Good luck and have fun at CITO this year!

Magellan, the exclusive 2011 sponsor of Cache In Trash Out (CITO), is providing geocachers all over the world with even more incentive to be a part of CITO this year. Magellan will be sending up to 50 goodie bags with fun stuff giveaway to event coordinators. To apply, simply email cito@magellangps.com with your real name, username, mailing address, and CITO event page listing. The goodie bags will be provided on a “first come, first serve” basis.

In addition, Magellan will be providing 7 events with a super sponsorship package that includes an eXplorist GC GPS receiver to giveaway to a lucky geocacher in attendance! Here are the events where you could walk away with a brand new eXplorist GPS receiver!

Magellan thanks all the CITO participants for their efforts to help clean up our favorite open spaces. We’d love to hear all about your CITO experiences. Share your posts and comments at Magellan Outdoor’s facebook page or send us an email at cito@magellangps.com. Good luck and have fun at CITO this year!

Awesome! My event was one of the lucky ' Super Sponsorship' events and I'm anxiously awaiting for the arrival of sponsorship material. I'm actually meeting with the Open Space team tomorrow to go over logistics for the day-of activities.

I sent an email to cito@magellangps.com for the goodie bags too. Hopefully I'll be able to get those as well!

I'm also working with the BLM office on another CITO for NPLD August 13th, and another CITO effort in the Fall with Boulder County. Will there be other Magellan partnership opportunities later on in the year? (passively wondering)

Awesome! My event was one of the lucky ' Super Sponsorship' events and I'm anxiously awaiting for the arrival of sponsorship material. I'm actually meeting with the Open Space team tomorrow to go over logistics for the day-of activities.

I sent an email to cito@magellangps.com for the goodie bags too. Hopefully I'll be able to get those as well!

I'm also working with the BLM office on another CITO for NPLD August 13th, and another CITO effort in the Fall with Boulder County. Will there be other Magellan partnership opportunities later on in the year? (passively wondering)

We will be offering a total of 50 Goodie bags on a first come first serve basis, so I would suggest that you get your request for the other events ASAP.

We will be offering a total of 50 Goodie bags on a first come first serve basis, so I would suggest that you get your request for the other events ASAP.

We're having a CITO event on May 7th and I have sent in a request but did not hear any confirmation or acknowledgement.

Can you clarify this? Thank you very much, :)

Edited by deftjust_n_ad

We are lucky to get the Magellan Super Sponsorship package for our CITO event in the Lehigh Valley! It is so great that Magellan supports Geocaching and CITO and we are so thankful for their donation! We are looking forward to our event and hope that a lot of people come out to help clean up the area!!

This is awesome for Magellan to do. I have just seen this so I have submitted a request for goodies to give away, hopefully it isn't too late.

Just out of curiosity how were the Super Sponsorship events selected? As that seems to have been done before this announcement.

Cheers,

Z

This is awesome for Magellan to do. I have just seen this so I have submitted a request for goodies to give away, hopefully it isn't too late.

Just out of curiosity how were the Super Sponsorship events selected? As that seems to have been done before this announcement.

Cheers,

Z

Not sure how they were selected. We were contacted about it and had to respond to Magellan. I really think it's awesome that they are doing this. I had asked Garmin about a donation, and they sent me opencaching hats and lanyards. Opencaching is Geocaching's competitor, so why they would ever send that for a geocaching event I will never understand. Magellan seems to have it together and they are willing to support those of us that are trying to make a difference in our communities!

As the organizer for "GC2MKBR CITO @ Cricket Creek 2011" here in suburban Chicago, we are THRILLED to have the additional attention brought to this activity!

Our event is a cooperative effort between the DuPage County Forest Preserve District (who has very common sense and pro-geocaching policies for hiding caches in their preserves), local Boy Scout Troop 14 of Elmhurst, IL, and now Magellan! I'm confident the Scouts have no idea how much fun they will have getting dirty for a good cause! Having the Magellan sponsorship really raises the visibility of this event and showcases the commitment many of us have to the Leave No Trace aspect of geocaching.

I hope many of you fellow Midwestern cachers will make the effort to join us on May 7th. If you can, please let us know through the cache listing page. We have links to the Forest Preserve's release form there AND we will be pushing out last-minute announcements to those who have registered in advance (parking details, raffle item updates etc.)

Thanks Magellan!

Taylor Park CITO: GGC2G8A3

(in Duvall, Washington - about one hour outside of Seattle)

Early in the event, the gang found an abandoned homeless encampment. They wrapped it all up in the very large sheet of plastic and you see it here on the bottom right:

5654805260_c6fa40d5ca.jpg

The pile got bigger:

5654235765_ca746670ff.jpg

The pile kept getting bigger STILL:

5654235459_84e3a5fd58.jpg

These women dragged the hood of a truck out of the forest:

5654809494_07a990c12f.jpg

Thank you for all the support! (larger image)

5654794902_81a9fe2473.jpg

WOW! What a great day to be out helping Mother Earth! It was sunny and breezy in South Florida! First, a special THANK YOU to Magellan for sending so many wonderful items to give away in the Super Sponsorship package. GeoGent was the lucky person who won the Magellan eXplorist GC! His older Magellan stopped working about two weeks ago. How's that for luck?

Also a special thanks to Ann, Jessica, Harvey and Carolyn from the Palm Beach County Department of Environmental Resources Management for arranging all of the logistics for this project. We planted 40 buckets of Red Mangrove seedlings, with 75 seedlings per bucket. That's 3,000 seedlings planted in a three-hour project! Also, part of our time was spent collecting contractor's flagging tape from the bushes, and picking up other litter that had been left behind.

And finally, a big thank you to all the Geocachers who gave up part of their Easter weekend to help out with this project for Earth Day! Make sure you all come by for a visit in about a year to see how these little seedlings have matured. A perfect time of course, will be during next year's Earth Day event at Juno Dunes Natural Area!

Thank you Magellan for all of the donations you provided for our CITO event on Sunday! The event went amazingly well! We collected about 68 bags of garbage along with some miscellaneous items like siding, carpets, home plate, a boar archery target, etc. Everyone had a great time and we really appreciate that everyone took a few hours of their day to help us clean up the area. Thank you so much for making our event even better :)

DSC07279.JPG

DSC07240.JPG

DSC07250.JPG

DSC07263.JPG

DSC07277.JPG

It has now been two months since my Magellan sponsored CITO Event, GC2NEZZ, and I just learned the winner of the Explorist GPSr has heard NOTHING from Magellan, despite several emails to them both of us. What's up with their customer support? They're certainly not scoring any points with me.

Edited by Gator Man

It has now been two months since my Magellan sponsored CITO Event, GC2NEZZ, and I just learned the winner of the Explorist GPSr has heard NOTHING from Magellan, despite several emails to them both of us. What's up with their customer support? They're certainly not scoring any points with me.

Thanks for letting us know about this Gator Man, we spoke to the team at Magellan today and your winner will get the prize in the next 1-2 weeks. Thanks for your patience, sorry for the delay!

Hi Gator Man,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If you will send me a private massage with the contact information for your eXplorist GC winner, I will try to get a unit shipped out this week. Going forward please feel free to contact with any issues.

Regards,

Magellan Outdoor

Scheinbar gab es nicht nur bei unserem Dresdner Cito (GC2KVM8) Probleme mit dem Sponsor. Zum Eventtag war leider kein Päckchen da, erst fast zwei Monate später kamen zwei T-Shirts an. Das angekündigte GPS fehlte auch.

Der Owner ist gerademal 18 Jahre alt, und hatte sich riesig über die Auswahl seines Citos gefreut, als er die Mail von Groundspeak bekam. Nichtsdestotrotz war der Cito an der Elbe ein großer Erfolg. Auf etwa 6km Länge mit 150 Teams wurden die Ufer gesäubert. Die Teilnehmer hatten viel Spaß dabei, wie auch in den Bildern zu erkennen.

Auch ohne irgendeinen Sponsor wird es sicherlich im nächsten Jahr das 3. Dresdner Cito geben.