Event Cache List on main page

Wander Lost

The listing on the main page of Event Caches for the next 7 days is missing one on 6/22/02 for Washington. I know it's missing because I'm planning on attending.

I know that this won't stop the earth from revolving, but it's been bugging me for a week now so I had to mention it.

Yes, in case you were wondering, I am a bit obsessive/compulsive. But aren't we all icon_wink.gif

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??

quote:
Originally posted by Wander Lost:

The listing on the main page of Event Caches for the next 7 days is missing one on 6/22/02 for Washington. I know it's missing because I'm planning on attending.

Perhaps there's only room for so many announcements and you will need earlier events to get finished first.

You know, I'd been anticipating the same thing and wondered if I should say something about it ... the event you're referring to is the one *I'm* hosting! Part of me thought, "Hey, I want my cache on the very front page, seen by thousands of people," and the other part of me thought, "Uh yeah ... haven't ever done this kind of thing before and the number of people already signed up is about perfect." I went with the second thought, but would still be a little proud to see it up on the main page. icon_smile.gif

Anyway, I'm excited that you're still planning on attending! I've made a few small updates to the cache page, so check it out again if you're not watching it already.

Let's turn this into a suggestion for the folks that maintain the site.

Instead of cutting it off at a certain number of event caches being displayed, how about cutting it off at a certain number of days?

Instead of just showing the next 10 or 15 listed, show events that will be occurring in the next 7 days. I could foresee a time coming when there might be 21 cache events on the same day (heck - there's already 7 on June 22!). The ones at the bottom of the alphabetical list would NEVER be on the main page. icon_frown.gif

Markwell

Chicago Geocachers

Well it does say event caches for the next 7 days. But they might also have a 10 listing limit not anticipating that there would be more than 10 in a 7 day period.

I'd think for most of the year it's fine. But when you get into these summer months a 10 event limit will be exceeded.

smile02.gif If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people??