Dylan coin in the works

ECplus3

dylan3_back.jpg

Just some constructive criticism, but perhaps it might look better if the the quote was on the cards, like he did the words in his video???? Then add the "track at geocaching.com on one of the flat edges, so it doesn't detour the nice artwork????

I like it.... But the placement of "trackable at" makes it look like bob is holding an 80s boombox :)

No it's like his video of "Subterranean Homesick Blues" B)

Love that video:)

Awesome! I live in Hibbing, MN where Bob Dylan went to high school, so I've been following this coin with great interest since the beginning! Each summer Zimmy's (a restaurant in town named from his last name Zimmerman) puts on Dylan days. Hopefully this coin ia done in time to show off to local cachers that come for the festivities!

Just checking in again... I'm a seasoned fan of Bob and have been to his concerts, bought his records, CDs, etc. I've also been following the development of this geocoin with hopeful aniticapation...got to have one for my collection! Any idea when they'll be available and how can I obtain one or more? Thanks. :cool:

Edited by purplepotter51

The guilty undertaker sighs

The lonesome organ grinder cries

The silver saxophones say I should refuse you

The cracked bells and washed-out horns

Blow into my face with scorn

But it's not that way

I wasn't born to lose you

I want you, I want you,

.......matter of fact I want a few of you :cool:

The back design has changed yet again. I didn't really like the Subterranean Homesick Blues back, so I played around with some other ideas and came up with something very simple, but totally recognizable as Dylan.

Here is the mint artwork:

Dylan_art20120210.jpg

Milton Glaser will be forwarding vector artwork for his poster and the exact Pantone colours used so that the front can be as accurate as possible. Hopefully the mint will have all the colours available and will not have to make any matches.

I hope to have this project completed so that everyone who orders can receive their coin before May 24th.

Even though the "look" of the coin changed drastically, I'm glad the quote is the same. I think I'll need to watch this thread closely or I'll miss a chance to get one, sigh, paying attention never was a strong point for me. (As you can imagine, that makes caching quite, um, interesting sometimes)

Wooow!, I can see now the back, fantastic!!, ...for when will be available, where?, there are also an AE?

These will be a sale item, not a pre-sale. So once I see the samples and make sure all is well and good I'll put in the order. They should be ready by the end of April. I ordered samples of several finishes, but am not sure if anything but the black nickel edition will be produced.

Nice !! Any idea on the cost yet?

Yep. The cost will be $10.00 Cdn per coin.

The Dylan coin is on its way!

I have ordered 300 coins -- the maximum that my license agreement with Mr. Glaser will allow.

They should be shipped on April 27th.

I have set the date for the sale of these coins for Friday May 4th, 2012 at noon EST.

There will be 3 versions of the coin:

•  

• RE Black Nickel 'Bringing It All Back Home'
  • LE Antique Nickel 'Highway 61 Revisited'
  • LE Satin Gold 'Blonde On Blonde'

The LEs will only be available as part of a 3-coin 'box set'. Only 40 sets will be sold. There will be an additional 160 black nickel editions available.

All coins will be $10 Cdn, or $30 for the 'box set'.

The coin will have its own unique icon and the custom prefix 'BD'.

PHD125S1_front.jpg

PHD125S1_back.jpg

http://phdcoins.ca

Hi,

Sorry for such a basic question, do I have to pre-register on your site to be able to get one of these coins?

Being pre-registered will certainly help. You have to be logged in to add a coin to your shopping cart. That might be critical, depending on how quickly these get snapped up.

Feel free to create accounts, put orders together, and investigate the checkout process. Your shopping cart times out after 10 minutes of inactivity.

Hi,

Sorry for such a basic question, do I have to pre-register on your site to be able to get one of these coins?

Being pre-registered will certainly help. You have to be logged in to add a coin to your shopping cart. That might be critical, depending on how quickly these get snapped up.

Feel free to create accounts, put orders together, and investigate the checkout process. Your shopping cart times out after 10 minutes of inactivity.

Ok thanks, I have done that. I'm looking to get a Black Nickel version so I hope I'm in time :)

Darn! I'm going to miss the sale. :( I'll be on the road when it starts; maybe I'll get lucky and there will still be one when I get back this afternoon. If not, I hope I can find someone who is willing to trade for one? :P

I'm picking up a couple black ones, PM me and we'll work it out if they are all gone and you miss out.

I'm so darn excited!!! I'm all a-twitch right now!