is this normal

TeamEpik

when you release a trackable its out of your hands and hard to control what people do

all you can do is sit and watch, and hope it doesn't get lost

i'd be happy if they dipped it, we did that too with some of the TB until we found a good "home" for them

I have a TB and a persone has picked it up and is just dipping it from cache to cache and not dropping it off.

It's unusual, but has happened to two of my TBs. For one of them, I got no email notifications for some reason. I've sent him a thank you email, now that I noticed that, two months later. Properly doing all those "dips" can be a ton of work.

When I have trackables, I will email the owner and ask them if it's OK to hang on to them until I drop them off in a cetrtain area. Any onwer that says no to that request, I drop theirs at my 1st convenience. I almost always gather up some trackables before I go on a trip. Like cureently I have 40+ trackables in my possession that I've email the owners of and told them I'm going on a trip to Florida within the next few weeks and asked if it would be OK to hold onto them until I drop them. Everyone that responded gave their OK. :)

When I have trackables, I will email the owner and ask them if it's OK to hang on to them until I drop them off in a cetrtain area. Any onwer that says no to that request, I drop theirs at my 1st convenience. I almost always gather up some trackables before I go on a trip. Like cureently I have 40+ trackables in my possession that I've email the owners of and told them I'm going on a trip to Florida within the next few weeks and asked if it would be OK to hold onto them until I drop them. Everyone that responded gave their OK. :)

Please tell me you are going to spread them out into various caches.

wow thats alot . my self i feel bad if i hold on to them for more then a week.

I like that you say you email the owners . That i feel is very considerate .

Please tell me you are going to spread them out into various caches.

Yes, I have about 12 med/large caches (most are TB stops already) on my watch list in the Orlando. Plus I'm going to make a short run up to Georgia to grab a couple of caches there as well. Will drop a few there.

wow thats alot . my self i feel bad if i hold on to them for more then a week.

I like that you say you email the owners . That i feel is very considerate .

I don't normally have that many in my possession. Usually about 3-5 at any one time. I also ask fellow cachers in the area if they have any trackables that they have/need moved.

is this normal .I have a TB and a persone has picked it up and is just dipping it from cache to cache and not dropping it off. It is cool to see all the places the persone is going but should they not place it in a cache for outhers to find.

Check out the dips on this one. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2641520&page=1 I personally only like to dip if it is a unique location (like a cool cache I took a picture of the bug at, or a new state for the bug) or to keep milage accurate (I pick the bug up in Arkansas, drive it home to Louisiana, and then drop it off next week in Texas. If I don't dip in a Louisiana cache, the miles are substantially less wonky). I don't like having to look back through 20 pages of logs to see where the bug came from.

is this normal .I have a TB and a persone has picked it up and is just dipping it from cache to cache and not dropping it off. It is cool to see all the places the persone is going but should they not place it in a cache for outhers to find.

Check out the dips on this one. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2641520&page=1 I personally only like to dip if it is a unique location (like a cool cache I took a picture of the bug at, or a new state for the bug) or to keep milage accurate (I pick the bug up in Arkansas, drive it home to Louisiana, and then drop it off next week in Texas. If I don't dip in a Louisiana cache, the miles are substantially less wonky). I don't like having to look back through 20 pages of logs to see where the bug came from.

I dip every trackable I have in my possession, mainly just for the mileage. But I also do it cuz most trackable I've picked up have missions of "I want to visit every state" or something to that effect and the otheres just have the standard "take me from cache to cache." :) Dippity doo da!!!