New cache I hide

cksljs2

I hide a cache the other day and it was posted. Just today it was archived due to it being in the ground, no different than a fake drain geocache. My cache is a PVC pipe in the ground in the woods with the cache in it attached to a rock by magets you lift up on he Rick to revile the cache. I am just looking for some clarity on this matter.

Did you put the PVC pipe there? It sounds like a really cool idea, but it's against the guidelines to dig a hole in order to place your cache. Some people seem to get away with digging holes for their caches, but it doesn't change the rule.

You're right. I've seen caches that are exactly like what the OP stated...4" PVC w/ a drain grid on top. Just because they're out there doesn't mean they are within the guidelines.

I understand now but I just wanted clarification on the guideline, I didn't burry the PVC pipe witha shovel just forced it Into the soft ground using my hand. It's ok I have no problem with the guidelines I will make changes to the cache.

Thank you for your time.