Nokia Maps & Geocaching Live

I have been exploring the options of geocaching using only my phone (N95), being new at this I had only used to navigation tool on the phone while printing out cache info.

Now I have done more research I have started to get to grips with Geocaching Live, which is good but needs a phone connection to download maps and caches.

Nokia yesterday released their map software for free so I have loaded that onto the phone so I have detailed offline maps on the phone plus free sat nav. The maps are version 3.03 and should be able to be searched by co-ordinates but I cannot figure out how to do that at the moment.

Now if there was a way of combining the two I could download caches only with Geocaching Live but use the detailed off line maps already on my phone.

Thanks!

Josh

I've get an E63 but I don't think the details

The only way I can think of doing this (without using a pq) is a bit fiddly and only works for individual caches,

1) from the cache details in Geocaching Live and select the WWW option,

2) download the GPX with the browser which should then added to the landmarks database.

3) open Nokia maps, select the cache from Favourites .

or with a lot of button pressing/screen tapping

1) copy a PQ to the phone

2) use the import function in Geocaching Live.

3) use the file browser to open the gpx file, the phone will import all caches into the landmarks database one at time

There is an app called Geocache Navigator by Trimble that you can download for $30.00. It gives you online caching with the ability to load caches on the fly and mark them as found on Geocaching.com. The cost is a onetime lifetime fee for Nokia phones to the best of my knowledge.

There is an app called Geocache Navigator by Trimble that you can download for $30.00. It gives you online caching with the ability to load caches on the fly and mark them as found on Geocaching.com. The cost is a onetime lifetime fee for Nokia phones to the best of my knowledge.

limited to very few models

limited to very few models

It works on my Nokia C6-00. I had to use the unsigned vesion of 1. Neat little app.