Funny or offensive to Geocachers

Why would you think anybody would find that offensive?

Because there is alsmost nothing you can say or do nowadays that won't offend somebody out there. :laughing:

no kidding eh?

even if you don't say anything you can potentially offend someone :laughing:

Now, if you heard the 'crack' of a rifle and the bunny keeled over, it'd be kinda' funny in a sick way.

Someone will always be offended by something, no matter what the subject matter. If something like this video offends you, you need to take a vacation...or something. char124.gif

Yeah...it definitely needed another ending...like after the bunny drops the shooter could say, "That's one more smiley--for me!"

Edited by Mick-n-Nick
Because there is alsmost nothing you can say or do nowadays that won't offend somebody out there. :laughing:

I'm offended by your statement :mad:

(ok, not really)

As for the video, not offensive. More like "meh". After a couple of drinks, maybe mildly funny. Maybe if there's some context.

Edited by Chrysalides

ni

Geocachers are more like this rabbit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V3NJi3WRKY

THREAD DERAIL

There's a cache where that scene was filmed :)

I should have known that (it was featured on the Geocaching.com blog), but I Thought you meant at the original video in the thread. I don't know, I ztill say if I'm going to dress up as the Easter Bunny, or in a Jackalope costume, or whatever that is, I'm going to get more than 17 seconds on You Tube.

Rabbits are cowards whose only response to danger is to flee, and their entire life is devoted sloth, lust and gluttony. I find the comparison to geocachers to be insensitive and offensive.

Well, fleeing from danger can be a wise thing to do. :) Racoons should learn that and not walk into danger and get hit by cars. :laughing: Rabbits work pretty hard to build an underground nest too, and they all need to eat.

Hi everyone, I found this video while trolling the web for funny Geocaching experiences. What does everyone think, funny or offensive? I have to admit it made me laugh.

Breathtakingly stupid and not even borderline amusing. Not offensive in the least.

Hi everyone, I found this video while trolling the web for funny Geocaching experiences. What does everyone think, funny or offensive? I have to admit it made me laugh.

So you found this while surfing and it just happened to be the day it was posted to youtube? Then you create a sock puppet and posted it on here?

Cool. Story. Bro.

Not funny or offensive, but why not be honest about where the video came from?

I didn't think it was funny or offensive. I thought it was, for lack of a better word, stupid ! It left me completely lacking any emotion except wonder....I wonder.... is that supposed to be a rabbit ?

I'm sorry but THAT IS NOT what I look like when I get caught trying to hide behind a tree !

I am so much cooler than that guy !

So you found this while surfing and it just happened to be the day it was posted to youtube? Then you create a sock puppet and posted it on here?

Cool. Story. Bro.

Not funny or offensive, but why not be honest about where the video came from?

BUSTED!! Of course everytime someone is busted, they insist they're not busted; and we have been mistaken in the past. Why can't they all be cut and dry like the Ringbone incident? :o

Ok, first: Why's everyone speculating on what the thing in the video is supposed to be? It's obvious that it's some sort of mutant Teletubby.

telezombie.jpg

Second:

It's just a coincidence. It's also a coincidence that my name is Frank Caching! :P
Huh? Is it also a coincidence that I don't get either this post or the original video?

It's just a coincidence. It's also a coincidence that my name is Frank Caching! :P

I don't know Francis. I just couldn't see myself, for example, searching for Geocaching videos on YouTube, and posting them to the Geocaching.com forums, before I even found my first Geocache. Ironically enough, I also suspect the fire hydrant micro on a busy street published in my area the other day is someone messing around with a sock puppet. I sure am smelling a lot of socks lately. But it could just be the wet, moldy damp ground around here after all the snow has finally melted. :blink:

Hi everyone, I found this video while trolling

...and then you felt like doing a little more trolling.

The video could use a lot of work, before I'd invite friends and family to watch it. Their first reaction would certainly be "why do these videos need so much cussing?". It's a poorly produced, confusing video I'd have to explain to people (once I figure it out myself), when I'm not particulaly interested in promoting it or ever watching it again.

Make one with a family of Geocachers in it, cut out the profanity. Keep it at 17 seconds with similar "classic bigfoot" mannerisms. And get a better comedy script writer. Then sit back and watch Geocachers recommend it, and get a few more views by people who will watch it because they like it. Not so much "Go check out this video, is it awful or just boring?"

I love the fact that it doesn't have the typical YouTube soundtrack that makes me scramble for the mute button. Keep it that way.

Edited by kunarion