Firefox os maps

I found a sort of temporary fix to let me print what I need for the easter holiday, via the osm maps in GSAK for the cache pages (Im still not paperless), then exporting from GSAK via a google earth macro, and using the os overlays in google earth, to get the proper os maps for the area.

I hope that makes sense as Im not techie, but it worked for me

So its a matter of Education, Education, Education before the matter of Location, Location, Location. Good luck with those exams and we will just wait patiently for their return, That is Edge and the maps! Thanks for the update Mrs B, rhymes with Orange. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So its a matter of Education, Education, Education before the matter of Location, Location, Location. Good luck with those exams and we will just wait patiently for their return, That is Edge and the maps! Thanks for the update Mrs B, rhymes with Orange. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

no he is eating choclate and getting drunk :laughing:

Ok, I'm now back from Scotland (and oh my! haven't the forums changed a lot!)

Some changes seem to have been made to the domain name (I'm not the owner of it), these have now been fixed. I'm now transferring the domain to myself (he was considering letting it expire!)

Things should be once again working.

Some changes seem to have been made to the domain name (I'm not the owner of it), these have now been fixed. I'm now transferring the domain to myself (he was considering letting it expire!)

Yeeeeeaaa!!!!

Thank You!

Edited by Bear and Ragged

Yeeeeeaaa!!!!

Thank You!

.....so I right click on the Greasemonkey and enable the relevant script. :)

Thanks Edgemaster

Magic, thanks.

For anyone interested a bookmarklet to see OS maps on the new beta maps...

javascript:for%20(i=0;%20i<document.getElementById('map_canvas').childNodes[0].childNodes[0].childNodes[7].childNodes[0].childNodes.length;%20i++)%20{document.getElementById('map_canvas').childNodes[0].childNodes[0].childNodes[7].childNodes[0].childNodes[i].childNodes[0].src=document.getElementById('map_canvas').childNodes[0].childNodes[0].childNodes[7].childNodes[0].childNodes[i].childNodes[0].src.replace(/(http.+?tiles.virtualearth.net\/tiles\/r\d+?)\?.*/g,%20"$1?g=604&productSet=mmOS");};%20void(0);

(edit: seems you can't link to js so needs to be installed by creating a bookmark rather than drag/drop)

To use - load up beta maps, select Bing Maps and then (and only then as this is written - if someone fancies improving the logic, please do) run the bookmarklet.

(It's not fantastic as you need to rerun the bookmarklet if you scroll/zoom but was a quick way to do what I wanted...)

Edited by aB5dEglYeS5P

For anyone interested a bookmarklet to see OS maps on the new beta maps...

Site changes require change to:

javascript:for%20(i=0;%20i<document.getElementById('map_canvas').childNodes[0].childNodes[0].childNodes[0].childNodes[7].childNodes[0].childNodes.length;%20i++)%20{document.getElementById('map_canvas').childNodes[0].childNodes[0].childNodes[0].childNodes[7].childNodes[0].childNodes[i].childNodes[0].src=document.getElementById('map_canvas').childNodes[0].childNodes[0].childNodes[0].childNodes[7].childNodes[0].childNodes[i].childNodes[0].src.replace(/(http.+?tiles.virtualearth.net\/tiles\/r\d+?)\?.*/g,%20"$1?g=604&productSet=mmOS");};%20void(0);

and for some reason I seem to be unable to edit the last post.

Definitely broken again. It has been working for me with no trouble for the last month or more on FF 5 so its not that. Hopefully one of the Grease monkey script wizards can wave their magic wand over it and get it started again.

AFAIK the failure didn't coincide with a Groundspeak update so it could be there has been a change at the OS end.

Personally I avoid FireFox, as it is these days no more secure than IE, you should all change to a better browser, as an aside, Grease Monkey is one of the reasons which has added to FF being very insecure, and it is entirely possible for unsuspecting people to have major amounts of detail transferred to a 3rd party without any knowledge of this happening. It has been done, and will probably never change, as the scripts are understood by only the Tefal heads amongst us

I've had a go at writing a script that adds Ordnance Survey maps back into both the geocache listings and the Geocaching Maps Beta page. It's available from userscripts.org at http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/109145

It adds OS maps and Bing's aerial view into the list of Map Type options for Geocaching Maps Beta, and makes OS maps an option when you view the dynamic map on a cache page.

I've only tested it using Firefox 5, so any feedback is welcome!

I've had a go at writing a script that adds Ordnance Survey maps back into both the geocache listings and the Geocaching Maps Beta page. It's available from userscripts.org at http://userscripts.o...pts/show/109145

It adds OS maps and Bing's aerial view into the list of Map Type options for Geocaching Maps Beta, and makes OS maps an option when you view the dynamic map on a cache page.

A very nice addition, Thanks!

I've had a go at writing a script that adds Ordnance Survey maps back into both the geocache listings and the Geocaching Maps Beta page. It's available from userscripts.org at http://userscripts.o...pts/show/109145

Looks like a very useful addition, thanks.

I've had a go at writing a script that adds Ordnance Survey maps back into both the geocache listings and the Geocaching Maps Beta page. It's available from userscripts.org at http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/109145

I actually came here looking for the link to re-install the Edgemaster script but after seeing and downloading this I'm really happy. A big thanks and a plea that it is kept updated if GC make any changes. Highly recommended.

I'm on FF 3.6 but cant get any of the scripts to install :-(

Works fine on FF5 so this must be nature's way of telling you it's time to upgrade.

FF5 is OK... Honest :rolleyes: I've not had any problems with it.

Brilliant.........upgraded to FF5 and it still wont work!!!

Geograph works but not the maps............any ideas?

T

Edited by Wadders

I've just had a play with my script on a linux machine with FF3.6.8, and confirmed it doesn't work properly on the main Geocaching Maps page. Unfortunately I'm not yet sure what is causing the error, so I'll fiddle with it over the next few days. However, it does still seem to work under FF3.6 for inserting dynamic OS maps onto cache pages.

If the script isn't working under FF5, first check that Geocaching.com is working as you expect with Greasemonkey turned off! I was having intermittent problems last night where the base maps all worked fine, but the geocache overlay didn't show up. As far as I can tell it was a problem with the website, not the script, as it's working fine again today.

If the website is OK, and you're using FF5, a possible problem could be a conflict with another Greasemonkey script that you have installed. You can check this by disabling all the other scripts that act on the same page, and seeing if the enhanced maps script works. If it does, re-enable the other scripts one at a time, re-loading the web page after each one, and see which one breaks my script.

If anyone spots any clues, let me know and I'll try to get it working for as many people as I can.