Paperless caching

Stepping Stones

I have asked before about apps for my smart phone with some great responses. Now, I have another question for all to weigh in on... We have used for years and old PDA. I understand that the apps give me live contact for the caches and I don't need the GPS. Here is what I wonder... we go into harsh back county trails in the hills and don't always have cell reception. We plan on using our Garmin in these areas, is there an app to take over the GSAK and cachmate? This is what we are using now with the PDA.... thank you for all your help!!!

I have asked before about apps for my smart phone with some great responses. Now, I have another question for all to weigh in on... We have used for years and old PDA. I understand that the apps give me live contact for the caches and I don't need the GPS. Here is what I wonder... we go into harsh back county trails in the hills and don't always have cell reception. We plan on using our Garmin in these areas, is there an app to take over the GSAK and cachmate? This is what we are using now with the PDA.... thank you for all your help!!!

You should be able to transfer your Cachemate license to your smart phone at no cost. I did this when I got my Droid many moons ago. :)

What kind of Garmin? I use a 60csx and GSAK with the Macro for it. Not sure if that will help you, but I have had similar problems.

The GSAK with Macro of corse Sends the caches to gps but with the Macro it also:

Tells me size

Of the last 4 people that found it did they all find it or 1 didn't. (Looks like this FFDF) Which means the 2 last people found it and the one before didn't)

Diff/Terain

Last 4 logs (If you want them)

If a TB is in it.

Long and short Des.

As you can see, it tells me all of that. Prob is, that the info is only updated when you run the pocket quaries. But it looks to me like you may need to do that if you are going out in the BFE.

Hope it helps.