Coin Identification

Tennessee Jed

I'm redoing this subject in order to find out more information about certain geocoins. What is the name and version of the coin(s) below? How are other versions of the coin identified (i.e. which metals are available) and how many were minted in each version?

Here are a few coins to begin with...

4ffbc52d-1aaf-40c2-8622-011dd0b24cb5.jpg

dec15c10-eca3-4e0f-bc37-1a724500442f.jpg

ec841f2c-89c2-4f1d-9993-57f339cf6f32.jpg

42fbbc34-b8cb-4041-ae88-350aa92e90dc.jpg

Some of the names are obvious, but what about the other info?

I can definitely tell you about the second one. It is the Michigan version of the 10-10-10 coins. There were 150 minted. This one the only version that Michigan had for that event. I would have to look up the number of other events that had their own coin minted

Bo.T.L. has an absolutely great site showing the versions of the recent event group coins here

Bo.T.L's Multi Event Geocoin Collection

Ok I have a trackable...I think....it's not a bug and it's not a coin...it's odd to say the least. It is a plastic spaceman looking thing. It has a magnifying glass for it's head. It is made by 2009 penguin group (USA) Inc. All rights reserved. It has, what I believe to be, a tracking number on it's right foot. Any help would be greatly Appreciated. I would post a pic but I do my forums from my iPhone. I will email a pic to you if you'd like just send me an email. Thanks.

Edited for spellin.

Edited by Hilbilly_Ern

0bcda840-3b55-46e7-bb13-1b33db555f67.jpg

Koelner Dom Geocoin Rut-Wiess Edition

That's not right, Rut-Wiess means Red-White in Cologne dialect

If ebay tells truth it's a Blau-Gold-Glitter XLE (120 pcs)

But write an email to Claudia from mygeocoin.de, she made this coin.

or contact Logtomsilver who had the idea for this coin

Ok I have a trackable...I think....it's not a bug and it's not a coin...it's odd to say the least. It is a plastic spaceman looking thing. It has a magnifying glass for it's head. It is made by 2009 penguin group (USA) Inc. All rights reserved. It has, what I believe to be, a tracking number on it's right foot. Any help would be greatly Appreciated. I would post a pic but I do my forums from my iPhone. I will email a pic to you if you'd like just send me an email. Thanks.

Edited for spellin.

Bump

That's not right, Rut-Wiess means Red-White in Cologne dialect

If ebay tells truth it's a Blau-Gold-Glitter XLE (120 pcs)

But write an email to Claudia from mygeocoin.de, she made this coin.

or contact Logtomsilver who had the idea for this coin

My mistake, I didn't know that each Edition had its own name. I've sent Longtomsilver a message that we are seeking information about his coin. I have the pictured blue edition and its a stunning Geocoin to see in person.

I hope I can find out the name of the first coin and the quantity minted on all three coins.

15cd315d-1f84-43b1-86c5-f61beb8c1e61.jpg

fcb1116c-1c6d-4700-b652-474769a7bf77.jpg

Well, the Koelner Dom Geocoin Editions have been the idea from thoto and me and were realized over mygeocoin.de.

Just to give you an overview for your statistics, you can see the editions in picture in my profile.

The editions have been in total 9 and won`t be more. That`s it!

The first editions started 2008 for our summer barbecue beach events:

Antique Silver 170 (small amount sold over shop)

Anitque Gold 170 (small amount sold over shop)

Antique Copper 30

2-tone AS/AG 50

2-tone AS glow i.t.dark 20

Edition 2009 -sold on the beach event-

Black & White AS 300 (small amount sold over shop)

Edition 2010

Red & White AS 200 (sold on the beach event)

Red & Gold Glitter AG 200 (shop edition my geocoin)

Blue & Gold Glitter AS 150 (sold as christmas edition)

I hope I could clarify for you.

thanks for your interest in these editions

Hi,

I am new to this. We found a coin in a cache on satuday, it was silver with a triangle cut out in the middle. The only marking I could see on it was the number 149. Does any one know what this is? Is it a trackable? I can find it on the geocaching site.

Thanks in advance

Hellvis1977

can anyone help me with thisi have this item that seems to have a tracking number on it but i cant find any info on it..any help would be appreciated..thanks will take a better pic asap

heres the link...http://1rmv.zapd.co/

edited trying to get picture to show up

Edited by ALAUNOS

Hi,

I am new to this. We found a coin in a cache on satuday, it was silver with a triangle cut out in the middle. The only marking I could see on it was the number 149. Does any one know what this is? Is it a trackable? I can find it on the geocaching site.

Thanks in advance

Hellvis1977

149 is just a serial number. If there several characters (letters and numbers) usually beginning with PC it is trackable.

Edited by Tennessee Jed

I added a better picture of the mystery trackable soon this fro my phone sojust copy and paste the link....http://1rmv.zapd.co/

I don't that is a tracking number in the picture.

P.S. you shouldn't post a picture of anything that shows a tracking number, especially coins.

Edited by Tennessee Jed

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Hellvis1977

149 is just a serial number. If there several characters (letters and numbers) usually beginning with PC it is trackable.

Thanks for the info!

I have forgotten which version is which, so which versions are these?

8439fd83-0eb2-4eac-9750-0eca8d32e291.jpg

d151cfa9-0445-4198-8775-596b97741fe4.jpg

787a1535-b9a2-4b11-b741-4bc7209c00b6.jpg

Maybe pictures of all versions can be posted (with number made)if they are not in a different thread? :)

These are all in the Venetian Masquerade Mask thread. From top to bottom:

Michigan 1

Cologne Germany

Michigan 2

fcb1116c-1c6d-4700-b652-474769a7bf77.jpg

This is probably a proxy of the "Bremen 2008" geocoin, made by mygeocoin.de too

34_0.jpg

I was told this is a XXLE or XXXLE from a German reviewer.

ba0c53a1-bb5d-4f35-9ea5-b6396a24073e.jpg

If that is a proxy... I have to give a standing ovation. But... I think that I saw it here about a year ago as a LE also.

Indeed, this is the same coin that was produced by Sepp & Berta back in 2008. The designers (me and a couple of other cachers from Bremen), we bought 7 more codes and produced an XXXLE version of this coin lasered in plexiglass. It was given to all those who were involved in the design and planning. I got two of them and traded one to Tennessee Jed (thanks again, bro).

I know the name of this coin, but do you? How many were made? How many LE and XLE if there are any?

c605be1e-971d-4f6e-ad62-ceb5771f1811.jpg

i think that was one of bluemotmot's personal coins. don't know the rest of the details though.

I'd love to know more about this one. Is it really a personal coin? It's beautiful.