40th Birthday in New Zealand 12.01.12

linedancers

Hi guys and girls,

My self (Clare) and my partner (Irene)(Linedancers) have booked a trip to NZ, commencing 24.12.11, and we will arrive in NZ on 27.12.11. If possible, I would like to host a geocaching event on 12.01.12, around Waimate / Dunedin to celebrate by 40th birthday. If there are any cachers out there that can possibly help out / suggest a venue / or even book the event, we would be extremely grateful.

We can be contacted on heypressto@btinternet.com / clare.kitching@btinternet.com / clare.kitching@bt.com or via geocaching.com.

Many thanks

Clare and Irene.

Hi Clare and Irene,

Most of the Dunedin-based cachers tend to lurk in http://forums.gps.org.nz rather than here.

Having an event in Dunedin for your big day sounds a grand idea! Here are some previous events held in the area to give you some idea of the venues and possibilities that have worked. :)

Http://coord.info/gc2r33p

Http://coord.info/gc2r03g

Http://coord.info/gc2e9tb

Http://coord.info/GC25HVW

Http://coord.info/GC22N36

Http://coord.info/GC21Z2Q

Http://coord.info/GC1M4B6

Http://coord.info/GC1HKKD

Http://coord.info/GC173Y0

Http://coord.info/GCZC3V

Http://coord.info/GCXHE7

Http://coord.info/GCRVD7

That early in January is still school / summer holidays so there may not be a huge crowd, but then again you may well capture other visiting cachers as well!

Personally, I'd cross fingers, hope for great weather, and aim for S45° 50.994 E170° 31.612 (Mannequin) as it has a nice outdoor area as well as indoor option if you're just looking for a nibble&chat.

Cheers,

G.