Unauthorized thinking

Brown Dwarf

Two ideas have come up in recent days. Doubt that I'm the first to think of them, so count these as votes, rather than a claim for originality.

1) Put a "Last Revised" field on the cache page. Sometimes folks add/revise clues and so on. Hard to know you have the latest version unless there is some date to check.

2) Put a "See Forum Posts" field on the profile page. [it's already there if you go to the profile from a forum note -- but it doesn't seem to be there if you come in from a cache description.

I'll second the vote for a last modification date. This would be a good thing to add to the GPX file, in particular, so that applications that receive GPX files on a regular basis can know whether they should be resynchronized or not.

I am Arrowroot, son of Arrowshirt. I have many names, you know

quote:
Originally posted by Brown Dwarf:

2) Put a "See Forum Posts" field on the profile page. [it's already there if you go to the profile from a forum note -- but it doesn't seem to be there if you come in from a cache description.

As you've figured out, you only get the "see forum posts" if you click a profile from inside the forums. Not sure why this is, but anyways...

Maybe you know this, but if your trying for find out if someone posted you to forums you can run their name there the forum search. Just pop their name in the author field.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg