April Photo Competition

Thanks very much to maiawalli for choosing our photo of 'Scratchy Bottom' as the winner of the March competition.

The theme for your April photos is BRIDGES.

Any type of Bridge, even a log over a stream.

The rules are the same as those used in previous months.....

1) The photo must be cache related and to do with a specific UK cache, caching series or caching trip - please include a link to the cache or the GC.... code so we can see where the picture relates to.

2) Two photos per caching team or cacher. (Maybe 3 if you really have an extra pic that's great!)

3) A new thread is started each month, with the OP stating these rules.

4) The winner each month is decided by the winner from the previous month - the new winner starting the thread for the subsequent month. They may set a theme* if they wish.

5) Photos should be recent. Higher credit will be given to photos taken in the current month.

6) The competition runs from the 1st of the month, until a date specified in the OP by the previous months winner. This should give sufficient time for the winner (or other person if necessary) to start the new thread.

If you haven't already uploaded a photo, a good tip might be to upload to one of your log entries (it can just be 'post a note'). Then, display the photo and copy the URL to provide a link to the post. If it's not actually relevant to the cache you've used, delete the note and the photo - the URL will still work. On this forum, add a reply and click the small green tree icon above the text box and paste in your URL.

DSCF0123.jpg

Taken near GC2N0R2 and is the bridge that the cache takes it's name from, Widgery Cross Footbridge.

I was actually stood in the stream with the camera down very low, luckily wearing GoreTex boots.

Loved the way the camera picked up the detail of the water ripples.

Same bridge but other side

DSCF0120.jpg

Edited by DrDick&Vick

Another entry for Two Bridges in Holsworthy - one of the two is in there somewhere...

a5769fea-adfa-4f81-a085-c04d3c6bfd74.jpg

And an older pic, but it is Devils Bridge, Ceredigion, so it deserves an airing - taken as part of the as yet unlogged (for us) earthcache.

(*ahem, it's actually on a memory card somewhere, I'll dig it out, who knows might even log the EC too!)

Arrggh, going to have to log it to post the pic....now where are my notes??

Edited by rickardclan

OK I am sure that some clever clogs will tell me how to get my picture to come up <_<

OK...

Click on the blue "Add Reply" box in the usual way. Then click on the little square icon of a tree -This opens the Image URL box. Paste the URL of your photograph in the box and click "Insert Image".

Then add any text comments before or after as you want.

Click "Add Reply"

Done. :)

(No clever clogs but got some Briars gardening shoes here - Will they do? ;) )

MrsB

OK I am sure that some clever clogs will tell me how to get my picture to come up <_<

OK...

Click on the blue "Add Reply" box in the usual way. Then click on the little square icon of a tree -This opens the Image URL box. Paste the URL of your photograph in the box and click "Insert Image".

Then add any text comments before or after as you want.

Click "Add Reply"

Done. :)

(No clever clogs but got some Briars gardening shoes here - Will they do? ;) )

MrsB

Hmmm that's what I did!

Sorry Mrs B but your shoes didn't fit, will have to do some homework now.

Sue

fae9ba47-cadc-4a4c-8617-5bfa1770392d.jpg

Last chance for this one cant think of anything left to try.... Bridge near cache GC2TNVV

Click on reply immediately below this message and look at the coding which I have put around your image address. Until you suss out how to use the different link icon when posting you can always look at other peoples posts by doing the above and learn from them.

Click on reply immediately below this message and look at the coding which I have put around your image address. Until you suss out how to use the different link icon when posting you can always look at other peoples posts by doing the above and learn from them.

Wow! I think I will hand that over to other half, I am so lost now!!

If Dr Dick see's this he will have a quiet giggle, he knows me & computers!

Thank you anyway Haggis Hunter I will try.

I'm actually having a quiet giggle to myself. :) I'm sorry if I added to the confusion, I can see from your post that you know it wasn't intentional. Let's hope your other half can help you out.

Went for a walk with junior Ryetom in Eskdale last week. Waymarked all bridges we crossed. To get to free car parking crossed Trough House Bridge where there is a cache of same name.

df239801-6bd3-4cd4-9bbc-3a975a7c63a7.jpg

Trough House Bridge has a lovely flood height marker.

After parking and finding cache went for a walk along south side of river Esk. Next cache found was Underbank View. To get there had to cross bottom of Stanley Gill on this narrow wooden footbridge.

c80536f8-4e29-4e86-b440-4776485d683f.jpg

Mugglettes went straight through the ford. Wet feet and shoes. Stanley Gill Footbridge

From Underbank View, tried to find River View (almost). Gave up on that and went on to find Tarn View with seat. I had already found these and left junior RYETOM to search.

On the way to Roman Way crossed the bottom of Birker Beck over this wooden footbridge.

70dd72f2-fced-4dad-9b67-8440ce249f03.jpg

Footbridge over Birker Beck in Eskdale.

Low Birker and Sea & Scafell View caches followed. We now dropped down to valley bottom and crossed over to north bank of river Esk using Doctor bridge, so named because Doctor Edward Tyson, who was a surgeon, who had the bridge widened in 1734 for his pony and trap. A Grade 2 listed structure. Cache here is called Doctor Bridge View

de614cf8-6ccf-4910-a960-1cbfe438c554.jpg

Doctor Bridge in Eskdale

We now walked downstream to St Catherine's cache, our final find, crossing no bridges :-(

More bridges than necessary but enjoyable walk Waymarking everything in site. (Photo competition is not a challenge for a dedicated Waymarker.)

hahafunny.gifhahafunny.gifhahafunny.gif

You wont be laughing when you get down here in a few weeks!

I have a list of computer lessons for you!!!! :laughing:

Winning this competition is much, much easier than judging and choosing the next winner.

It has been great to see all the photos being submitted, and there is such a mixture, we hardly knew where to start.

We created a shortlist of the ones that most appealed to us. They are….in no order…..

DrDick&Vick..... Leather Tor bridge

Ivanidea..... Batty Moss Viaduct

aliandtone..... GC76FC Three Locks (Bucks) - Grand Union Series

Haggis Hunter..... The Red Woods

rickardclan..... Lidcutt Valley 2

Guanajuato..... Castlehead, Keswick

*Mouse*..... The Chirk Aquaduct and Viaduct

Susiemerlin1..... for persistence

And this months WINNER is aliandtone

Winning this competition is much, much easier than judging and choosing the next winner.

It has been great to see all the photos being submitted, and there is such a mixture, we hardly knew where to start.

We created a shortlist of the ones that most appealed to us. They are….in no order…..

I am deeply honoured

Thank you

Sue

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

woooohhhhh! that was unexpected! there were some great shots submitted this month.

I am deeply honoured

Thank you

Sue

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: