Explorist 400's and 210 $50 and under

btl-a4

Going to switch my cub scout pack over to geomate jr's. I have 5 explorist 400's 2 white 3 green and one explorist 210. Four of the explorist 400's have invisible shields on them. one of the 400's and the 210 have generic screen protectors. They are all in good cosmetic condition and are all fully functional. As far as cables go I only have 4 power and 5 usb so I'm going to have to sell one 400 without any cables. Price for explorist 400 with cables $50 plus shipping. Price for 400 without cables $40 plus shipping. Price for 210 with USB cable (missing tabs but works fine) $40 plus shipping. Also have Mapsend Topo 3D USA version 1.0 for $30 plus shipping. If you buy all the GPSr's Topo and shipping are free. I'll leave them up here for a few days then post them on fleabay if nobody is interested. And F.Y.I. my fleabay account name is the same so you can check out my history there.

How much to ship to Vancouver Canada?

I just shipped a colorado to Ontario Canada and it cost $21 to ship via First Class Registered mail with return reciept. I think it would be about $25 for priority international. I'm only going to charge you what it actually costs, but those numbers should be about right. If you tell me which model your interested in and PM me your address I can box it up, weigh it and give you an exact cost. Using a small international flat rate priority box will be $13.25 plus insurance if you want it. A GPS and cables will fit in the small flat rate box fine, it's just doesn't leave much room for padding.

We have a geomate and are thinking of swapping for an explorist gc. How do the 400's compare to the GC? Woulkd you consider and exchange?

Lee Torbush

770-598-0494

The explorist gc is a much better unit than the explorist 400. The GC is 2 generations newer with a color screen. I already have the 6 replacement geomate's so I don't need anymore.

Any idea how the explorist works with a mac? Should I be concerned? I am very unfamiliar with the handheld units, I have always used my iphone for caching. I'm looking to start with something simple and easy to use.

I know it's possible to use a mac with an explorist but since there is no native software it wouldn't be simple.

...possible to use a mac with an explorist but since there is no native software it wouldn't be simple.
Actually, the older Magellan Mapsend products work fairly well under Codeweaver's Crossover. So unless you have an old, pre-Intel Mac, it's not TOO difficult.

What firmware revision did you say was in the 210? I'm temped even though I really don't need it -- those were really good little units and I can always use a spare.

...possible to use a mac with an explorist but since there is no native software it wouldn't be simple.
Actually, the older Magellan Mapsend products work fairly well under Codeweaver's Crossover. So unless you have an old, pre-Intel Mac, it's not TOO difficult.

What firmware revision did you say was in the 210? I'm temped even though I really don't need it -- those were really good little units and I can always use a spare.

ver 3.1.78

Any still available with cables?

Would be shipping to Ontario, Canada.

Interested. huribe@cogeco.ca

All the units with cables are pending. If I don't receive payment in the next few days I'll contact you.

Why are you switching? I am new and wondering what the difference is, do you have any left?

Why are you switching? I am new and wondering what the difference is, do you have any left?

I'm switching because the explorists have too many buttons and features for the cub scouts. They only use them with me twice a year and they inevitably end up at the sattelite screen asking me where the arrow went. Plus the smaller size for their little hands makes sense. I currently have only the 400 without the cables left, which would only be handy if you wanted a backup. I have 3 of the explorist 400's pending, and If I don't get payment in the next few days I'll put them back up for sale.