Future Logs

ripster

I know it would probably take a bunch of space, but it would be nice on the private page (my page) that I could have sort of a log of the caches I'm planning on. Right now I print out the cache, print a map or use my mapping software and put in the coords then print the map, keep it in a little file in my car....I do the cache then I come back and have to search for the caches again. If only I could have even a limited logbook for caches I'm about to do. Just the waypoints (with links of course), then when I'm done I just click on that one, log my cache, and if you wanted fancy, it would delete the cache from your future log. Just an idea. (us programmers are always coming up with something, you've probably already thought of it.

I use the watchlist for this function. I will add some or all of the caches I'm planning to do, then come back and go to the watchlist page to do the logs. This has the added advantage of e-mailing me a copy of my log, just in case anything should go wrong, like accidentally deleting when I meant to edit.

If I plan to hit 8 caches in a row, they will likely be close together so I will just add one or two to the watchlist, then search for caches that are near the one I've bookmarked. Then I work from the search results list, both to download the waypoints using EasyGPS, and after the hunt, to enter the logs.

Your idea is a good one... I'd call it "My Cache Worksheet" ... but I'm getting by pretty well with the above method.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

What would life be like if there were no hypothetical questions?

Why don't you just bookmark those caches your planning to do with your web browser. Once you've done the cache, delete the bookmark.

---------------------------------------

"We never seek things for themselves what we seek is the very seeking of things."

Blaise Pascal (16231662)

---------------------------------------

I may try the favorites method of tracking my future caches..and the watch method, both good idea's. I almost thought about writing a little program to do it, and I still may, but later, I have some more research to do... plus I'd rather spend my off hours GCing.