Jedi Mickey Mystery Geocoin

Mauison

Wondering if this should actually be merged with the copyright thread. :unsure:

Disney would be all over this.

Not sure they could do anything, unless they can prove who made them...I supose they could demand that all pictures of the coin be removed, but Free Speech rules would probably stop them from doing that, since we are only discussing the Coins here in a news context.

They can actually ask for the coins to be sent to them, possibly to be destroyed.

As people here have said they have one of the coins Disney (or the Star Wars clan) can go to Groundspeak to gain their personal details so those involved can contact.

It would be a shame if this did happen but unfortunately that’s the law.

I agree the coin looks great but just want to throw my 2 cents in.

I’m currently having a geocion made that features a famous character. I have a licence agreement for the use of their artwork, over 40 pages long. I’ve been surprised by how strict a company can be with the use of their images but also understand why.

I won’t bore you with the whole agreement but here a few things relating to this topic.

And before anyone asks, the company I’m dealing with is not Disney.

The Micky coin is in breach of copyright and trademark laws. People have mentions as long as the coin is not sold then its fan art/craft so all is ok. Wrong, it’s if the coin has value or not. Value doesn’t just mean money has to swap hands. Although this has been done any way through eBay.

If the coin is used as a trade/swap item then they see it has having a value.

I think the idea of mystery coins are great and bring joy to unknown recipient, but maybe use your own artwork or get permission.

a small envelope without any postmark
So how does this work without a postmark?

a small envelope without any postmark
So how does this work without a postmark?
I've noticed that sometimes when I hand things over the counter, they don't ever get cancelled. It's probably an oversight.

Nope it had an X through the stamp. The stamp can't be used again because of that and no zip code was revealed. I've asked the postal worker when he stamps my mystery mission packages to swirl it a bit as he is stamping it. The postmark is then unreadable and serves the same purpose.

I kinda like not knowing who any mystery coiner is and it's always fun to guess. I don't know who to thank specifically but posting here a big thank you always brings another smile. They know who they are and know that all of us appreciate what they are doing and the smiles and good feelings those envelopes bring.

I received in my mail last week in and envelope addressed to me (although my last name was spelled wrong) and the return address was the same label. The head of the coin is about the size of a pathtag, It's got Mickey ears, black nickel with some white glitter on it and the jedi sword of the front. The back has the word JEDI on it as well as 2 crossed jedi swords. Does anyone know anything about this coin? :unsure:<_<

I was in California all last week for work, and on Tuesday my wife told me a letter arrived to me from me. Well, we both knew what that meant! She opened it, and then refused to tell me what was in it, and made me wait all week until I came home! :blink::(<_<

Ok, not really. :P She did say she "accidently" opened it and then asked if I wanted to know what it was. I told her I wanted to wait until I got home to see it for myself. So she kept it to herself for the week, and when I got home and saw the envelope I knew which one it was! Jedi Mickey! Awesome!

My gratitude goes out to another Mystery coiner for another sweet mystery! B)

I was in California all last week for work, and on Tuesday my wife told me a letter arrived to me from me. Well, we both knew what that meant! She opened it, and then refused to tell me what was in it, and made me wait all week until I came home! :blink::(<_<

Ok, not really. :P She did say she "accidently" opened it and then asked if I wanted to know what it was. I told her I wanted to wait until I got home to see it for myself. So she kept it to herself for the week, and when I got home and saw the envelope I knew which one it was! Jedi Mickey! Awesome!

congrats its a great looking coin

WOW she was able to keep that secret all week? I would have had a terrible time to be sure I didn't just blurt it out. congrats!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

I found an interesting envelope in the mailbox today... Felt a pang of excitement whilst wondering what it could be... I wasn't expecting anything like this in the mailbox.

I rushed the envelope inside and cut it open and inside was well wrapped shape that I recognised with sparkly glitter showing through the bubble wrap. Boy - I was so excited that I ripped into the bubble wrap - which of course made it harder to free what was inside! Finally in my hand was a beautiful Jedi Mickey Mystery Coin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooooooHoooooooo!

Thank you thank you thank you to the person who sent this to me, whom ever you are!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Congratulations keewee and all the other recipients!

And thanks to the mystery coiner for spreading so much joy and excitement. Even the very slim chance that there might be something unexpected in the mailbox, just the chance by itself, makes each day a bit better.

Interesting thread, I just noticed it. How big is the coin, anyone know?

TMA

7/8" side of ear to side of ear.

7/8" top of ear to chin

Well thanks ;) I figured someone would send me one for measuring in person . . . :rolleyes:

TMA

Curses! Foiled Again!!! :ph34r:

I just received in my mailbox this Mystery Coin... It's fantastic! :surprise:

JediMickey.jpg

I have memories from Mickey Mouse, specially when I saw his film Fantasia :grin:

Thanks a lot to the giver for this mystery coin, a fabolous gift and much appreciated :D :D

Congratulations! :D