Jedi Mickey Mystery Geocoin

Mauison

great looking coin! I love it!

I just hope the mystery coiner doesn't get discouraged from all the buzz kill in the room. I don't know the legal aspects, but I agree... if it isn't being produced or sold for profit and nothing links it to Disney... it is nothing more than fan art.

....pretty impressive fan art! B)

I just hope the mystery coiner doesn't get discouraged from all the buzz kill in the room. I don't know the legal aspects, but I agree... if it isn't being produced or sold for profit and nothing links it to Disney... it is nothing more than fan art.

I agree-Mysterycoiners are the best! Thanks to whoever you are that shelled out your hard earned money to make other people happy. I don't know the legal aspects either, but I think Disney has more things to be worried about than a few geocoins being sent out for free. This has been done and done so I'm not sure why the issue over this particular coin? :unsure:

I agree-Mysterycoiners are the best! Thanks to whoever you are that shelled out your hard earned money to make other people happy. I don't know the legal aspects either, but I think Disney has more things to be worried about than a few geocoins being sent out for free. This has been done and done so I'm not sure why the issue over this particular coin? :unsure:

Here, Here!

ILYK

Here, Here!

ILYK

Ditto!

Who are they going to sue? This came in the mail addressed to me, from me. I have no idea who really sent it.

Congrats Joni!!

Nice coin and I sure hope the killjoys don't take anything away from the wonderful gesture of the mystery giver. There are a lot bigger fish to fry out there that people could spend their efforts on I'm sure.

Who are they going to sue? This came in the mail addressed to me, from me. I have no idea who really sent it.

Congrats Joni!!

Nice coin and I sure hope the killjoys don't take anything away from the wonderful gesture of the mystery giver. There are a lot bigger fish to fry out there that people could spend their efforts on I'm sure.

I don't want to sound like a killjoy. I also am amazed by the generosity of mystery coin givers. All the more reason why I don't want to see them get in trouble over this.

Disney does have bigger fish to fry, but that doesn't mean they leave the little fish alone. They once sued a daycare because they had painted a picture of Mickey on an inside wall.

Congrats Joni!!

I don't want to sound like a killjoy. I also am amazed by the generosity of mystery coin givers. All the more reason why I don't want to see them get in trouble over this.

Disney does have bigger fish to fry, but that doesn't mean they leave the little fish alone. They once sued a daycare because they had painted a picture of Mickey on an inside wall.

When I say bigger fish..I meant the folks in the geocoin forum not Disney. Disney doesn't need our help. The coin is made so just enjoy. This isn't the first Mickey Diver coin to come out.

I think all the Mystery Coiners are just amazing--spending their money and time to make others happy!!!

Yes,big companies do pick on the little guy, but they do "pick their Battles"!!!

Especially, if it's a not-for-profit venture.

And, if we're going to worry about Disney, what about the Star Wars aspect???

Don't those companies frown on copyright/trademark violations???

PLEASE, no need to pick up on this comment--just my opinion!!!

Just let the Mystery Coiners and all the lucky recipients ENJOY the coins--the making,giving and receiving!!!

PS: congrats to above mentioned recipients!!!

Edited by GeoCharmer81

Congrats Joni!!

When I say bigger fish..I meant the folks in the geocoin forum not Disney. Disney doesn't need our help. The coin is made so just enjoy. This isn't the first Mickey Diver coin to come out.

How sad that this act of kindness has undergone such scrutiny...mystery coiner, your efforts are appreciated!

ILYK

How sad that this act of kindness has undergone such scrutiny...mystery coiner, your efforts are appreciated!

ILYK

Not sure what your getting at drneal??? Did i say I never appreciated the mystery coiner....that's the farthest thing from the truth and I'm not sure how you get that from my statements? On the contrary, I think we were all very grateful.

ILYK

Not sure what your getting at drneal??? Did i say I never appreciated the mystery coiner....that's the farthest thing from the truth and I'm not sure how you get that from my statements? On the contrary, I think we were all very grateful.

not getting at anything...yours just happened to be the last post concerning the copyright issues...actually, i agree with your statements

ILYK

Edited by drneal

MICKEY I AM YOUR FATHER (DARTH VADER BREATHING) :ph34r:

COME HOME MICKEY COME HOME

OK FOR REAL DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT SAYS UNDER JEDI

OR HAS SOMEONE ALREADY ASKED THAT :yikes:

I was curious about that also.

I decoded it...found the font online...it says MICKEY

I had to look it up again...the name of the font/runes/whatever you want to call it is AUREBESH

MICKEY I AM YOUR FATHER (DARTH VADER BREATHING) :ph34r:

COME HOME MICKEY COME HOME

OK FOR REAL DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT SAYS UNDER JEDI

OR HAS SOMEONE ALREADY ASKED THAT :yikes:

I was curious about that also.

I decoded it...found the font online...it says MICKEY

I had to look it up again...the name of the font/runes/whatever you want to call it is AUREBESH

Wow way cool!! Just love it! Reading that put a large smile on my face. I loved the coin when you first posted the picture and I'm liking it even more if that is possible.

I want to bid but I get

Buyer Requirements

Error

This seller has set buyer requirements for this item and only sells to buyers who meet those requirements.

You are unable to bid on or buy this item because:

#

The seller doesn't ship to the location where your primary shipping address is located.

Note: If you are still interested in bidding on or buying this item, you may contact the seller and ask that they exempt you from any buyer requirements.

:cry:

Mauison - could you please exempt my eBay account (keewee01) from the location requirement. Pleaseeeee.

I want to bid but I get

Buyer Requirements

Error

This seller has set buyer requirements for this item and only sells to buyers who meet those requirements.

#

The seller doesn't ship to the location where your primary shipping address is located.

Note: If you are still interested in bidding on or buying this item, you may contact the seller and ask that they exempt you from any buyer requirements.

Mauison - could you please exempt my eBay account (keewee01) from the location requirement. Pleaseeeee.

Done! I found a link to see which locations I'm excluding and it shows that I'm not excluding any locations. Weird. So I found a page to exempt you from being blocked. Let me know if it works or not.

I want to bid but I get

Buyer Requirements

Error

#

Done! I found a link to see which locations I'm excluding and it shows that I'm not excluding any locations. Weird. So I found a page to exempt you from being blocked. Let me know if it works or not.

YES! Awesome Mauison. Thanks for that, it did indeed work. :)

This awesome coin arrived at my "home planet" and there was an extra coin along with a message asking to put it up on ebay for Japan/New Zealand disaster relief. Not wanting to mess with the force, I did what I was told. :D

Jedi Mickey Mystery Geocoin - Auction for Japan/New Zealand Disaster Relief

Wow I went to bid & only 2 hours after it was listed it's already over my budget! Good for the relief effort!! I never would have won it but it's always nice to dream LOL