Finding a travel bug in a different location.

wvmtb

Ok, let me start of by saying I'm new to this.

On my 2nd cach find I found a travel bug that is not listed as being there. Last it was logged was in a few states away a couple years ago, yea I said a couple years. Someone picked it up but has not logged that they have placed it anywhere. I saw that I can log that I picked it up from the "current holder". Is that want I need to do then say I placed it in the cach that I found it in?

Wish that would happen to some of mine :) .

Whenever I find a trackable that's not listed in the cache I wait a few days to see if it gets logged.

Then after a few days if it still hasn't been logged I grab it and dip it in the cache I found it in to log its travels/location.

If the last log was 2 years ago, run! Don't walk to the nearest logging station! :D I'll bet that made the TB owner's day. I know it did for me, when one of mine came back after a few years. It's a great feeling. Unfortunately, it's gone again, but I have hope.

okay, my problem is that the "Grabbed it from somewhere else" is not on the page for the bug I picked up today....I am thinking that maybe the one that placed it there just has not logged it????? But why is the Grabbed it from somewhere else not there on that page???? I only have three choices, grabbed from so and so, discovered it and write note. Just trying to do these right.....

okay, my problem is that the "Grabbed it from somewhere else" is not on the page for the bug I picked up today....I am thinking that maybe the one that placed it there just has not logged it????? But why is the Grabbed it from somewhere else not there on that page???? I only have three choices, grabbed from so and so, discovered it and write note. Just trying to do these right.....

Exactly - If you only found it today maybe the previous cacher has not had a chance to do their logs yet.

In these circumstances I always wait and just hold the trackable for 3-4 days or maybe a week before doing anything. I think it's polite to give people a chance to write their log experiences for trackables as well as caches.

If they don't log it into the cache where you found it, then you will have to do a "Grabbed from them" log and then allow the trackable a "visit" to the cache where you collected it. That will keep the travel record straight.

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges

I found one in Cabo (Baja) that was last logged in Michigan 2 years previously. I posted a note saying that it lived and I would wait a little in case whomever dropped it off was on vacation and was going to log it after the vacation. No log so I logged it out of the original Michigan cache and into the Cabo cache (so it could get its miles updated) and then out of the Cabo cache into my possession. Then it was treated just like any other TB; ultimately I dropped it off in a cache in Idaho after my trip.