Puzzle like this

spaLVa

Just figuring out what kind of puzzle you are looking at is sometimes the puzzle in and of itself. Solving becomes easy.

Just ask somebody nearby with a smartphone.

Still i don't know what puzzle is it :rolleyes: just a picture http://coordxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And i noone i know haven't got a smartphone :D

Yikes!! please don't discuss the specific page for that puzzle in a public (and searchable forum).... I'm sure the cache owner would not appreciate that..... ;)

Edited by StarBrand

It is bad form to get help with puzzles in a public forum. The fun of puzzle caches is figuring out what to do. Do some research and you'll find some commonly used ways to hide coordinates. Them ore you research the more you find. I've solved nearly 170 puzzles and I still encounter ones that I have no idea what to do. I put them away for awhile and then come back. I also work with one or two friends once in awhile. And if all else fails I ask the owner. Most puzzle cache owners are more than willing to give you a push in the right direction.

BTW I have a puzzle cache similar to this and will be using this exact idea soon...

i'm in the process of creating a new listing for this type of cache. came across these QR codes some time ago on billboards, cereal packets etc.... hopefully it will get published within the next 3-4 days, GC3C6D7.

the listing iam submitting is under "unknown cache" and creating stages myself.

on my cache listing page is the usual co-ordinates, this is the start point. i have included a jpeg of a QR CODE on the cache page. to get the hint you have to scan it with your smartphone, go to the listed co-ords and find the QR code placed somewhere near the start.

the cacher would then have to scan it to get the co-ordinates and clue to finding the next code and so until finding the "cache box"

i did a search on "play" and "hide and seek a cache" and searched by "cache name" and entered QR and came up with only 11 results worldwide (iam sure theres more under a different name) some have been placed 2010.

some can be seen at

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?key=qr&submit4=Go

i don't know what geocachers think of this new type of cache? but i have a feeling that it will catch on?

kind regards jim (jsh01)

ps sorry don't know how i posted 2 up. great eh... i understand QR codes but still can't post on a forum DOH.....

Edited by jsh01

thanks gpx spinner.

iam waiting on a micro key holder for the cache. if it arrives in the post in the morning, i'll set it up sunday and have it ready and enabled for the reviewer. with it being a new type of cache i will just have to keep my fingers crossed (i don't think there will be a problem)

kind regards

jim, dundee, scotland.

ps the QR code above gives a co-ordinate and hint "5m above ground *********"

ive taken out co-ord and *********

Edited by jsh01

Being the owner of a dumbphone, and not having the free "decryption" software on my PC - I'd have to pass on this one from the look of things.

Not all puzzles are for all people. I've passed on many more than I've solved.

I too have a dumbphone but I was able to find where the cache is with a few quick internet searches.

I'd be tempted to go for it if it wasn't some 6000 miles away.

great to see the various opinions on QR codes and how they may be applied to a cache listing. i can only speak about my listing

GC3C6D7 (now listed). there was a problem with mine.

the 1st QR i placed was on a circular lampost and difficulty reading it with a smartphone, i think it was placing it on curved surface (ive done some maintenace and it's now ok)

anyway ive always tried to place caches with a difference and hopefully i have done this (done many mistakes along the way, but always learning).

kind regards and cheers jim (jsh01)

Edited by jsh01