Pocket Queries

ok I went and checked and I am using 1.0.

The pocket queries I have saved are the ones that were the ones I was using and they no longer work. I pick a zipcode and set up a pocket query and I get an email. I use to plug my GPS into the computer after receiving a email and it would load but not anymore. I have tried redoing the pocket queries and nothing. If I download the queries into saved GPX files I get two files instead of just one and there are numbers before and after the name (it is usable but I dont like them like that). What am I doing wrong or what has changed?

Thanks

The pocket queries I have saved are the ones that were the ones I was using and they no longer work. I pick a zipcode and set up a pocket query and I get an email. I use to plug my GPS into the computer after receiving a email and it would load but not anymore. I have tried redoing the pocket queries and nothing. If I download the queries into saved GPX files I get two files instead of just one and there are numbers before and after the name (it is usable but I dont like them like that). What am I doing wrong or what has changed?

Thanks

are you saying you put the zip file on your GPS?

when you unzip the PQ its always been 2 files

I assume Gitchee Gummee meant "Cache Register" rather than Cachemate, however neither program is absolutely needed with the PN-60. When you get the email with the zipped file, unzip it and you'll have 2 files. One is the main cache file and one is the child waypoints for the cache file. If you don't care about the child waypoints, just plug the PN into the PC and go to settings>connect to computer> use SD. A new drive appears on your PC. Drag and drop the cache file into the waypoints folder.

If you want both the cache file and child waypoints together on the PN, you'll have to use Topo 9 that came in the box or download cache register for free from Delorme and use that. Of course GSAK is another option.

Thanks for the help Pax42, I did try GSAK didn't really like how it looked loaded with the two files. I didn't know the what they were thanks for explaining if I would have known I didn't need both probably would have stuck to that anymore problem I will go back to that. I found a person with the same problem as me had something to do with a filmware up date. I removed TOPO NorthAmerica 9.0 from my computer redid all my pocket queries and started over. The person I found said files in GPS before that update didn't work together. I don't know but it worked today all 8 of my queries went on the GPS so I will see if they continue to update.

Thanks

are you saying you put the zip file on your GPS?

when you unzip the PQ its always been 2 files

Sounds like you're squared away. I thought I'd just comment that while the gpx files can be placed directly in the PN-60 (or on the SD card) that there's an advantage in doing it like you do in Topo9 or using CacheRegister (or GSAK, for that matter). Either of those applications will combine the two gpx files for each pocket query into a single file on the GPS, so you can have caches and their child waypoints open at the same time.