GeoWoodstock IX

murfster

I have to disagree with the comment about trackables. Some of the early GWs had problems with trackables going missing, but the three I havce been to have been very well organized in that regard. There are specific rules for how the bugs must be labeled and deposited which actually makes it a great place to help move trackables long distances since cachers come from all over to attend.

As for other suggestions? Make sure you take time to see the area around the event. Frankly, I've enjoyed touring the areas and the satellite events a lot more than the actual GW event. Be socialable and meet up with as many other cachers as possible. You'll never have a easier time finding caches as there will be clusters of people around every hiding spot -- you barely need a GPSr around the event day.

I have to disagree with the comment about trackables. Some of the early GWs had problems with trackables going missing, but the three I havce been to have been very well organized in that regard. There are specific rules for how the bugs must be labeled and deposited which actually makes it a great place to help move trackables long distances since cachers come from all over to attend.

As for other suggestions? Make sure you take time to see the area around the event. Frankly, I've enjoyed touring the areas and the satellite events a lot more than the actual GW event. Be socialable and meet up with as many other cachers as possible. You'll never have a easier time finding caches as there will be clusters of people around every hiding spot -- you barely need a GPSr around the event day.

I'm not interested really in coins nor travel bugs, so that's not an issue for me.

We have an extra couple days scheduled to see the area and not just geocaching.

Part of my query, stems from trying to imagine thousands of cachers in one spot. Are Canada t-shirts a good idea? Are there particular suppliers or items we should check out? I don't know what I don't know... kind of sums it up. So any tips from others will be appreciated.