convert PRC files?

DavidMac

Since I don't have a PDA, I would like to be able to select just some of the text and print out a page of, say, a few descriptions or hints. Seems that the text is encrypted and the reader program doesn't allow printing, plus copying a selection of text only copies the first line.

Short of just visiting a number of cache page on the website and just copying the info into another doccument, is there a way to either convert a .prc file or export parts of it? I know the eBook format is loaded with copy protection features, but is there a reason for these geerated in pocket queries to be protected from exporting? It would be nice to mix/match/edit/delete parts of these files.

...Not all who wander are lost... unless the batteries in their GPS die, their maps get ruined by rainwater when their pack leaks, and they find themselves in a laurel thicket. Then, they are probably lost.

quote:
Originally posted by someonenameddave:

Short of just visiting a number of cache page on the website and just copying the info into another doccument, is there a way to either convert a .prc file or export parts of it?

You could get a GPX file instead of the PRC, then use Watcher or something similar to extract the text.

Or you could use this site to convert your .prc file to plain text (make sure to check the box for plain text.)

warm.gif

Allright, works great. I'm just starting to explore pocket queries, and I'm liking them so far... Thanks.

...Not all who wander are lost... unless the batteries in their GPS die, their maps get ruined by rainwater when their pack leaks, and they find themselves in a laurel thicket. Then, they are probably lost.