Arizona and Grand Canyon caches?...

southern_angel

(I'm not sure if I am in the right place for this question but if not please let me know the right place)

I'm leaving friday to go to Arizona for a week and you know what that means?...GEOCACHING!!! I will stay in Tolleson, AZ for a week and my husband is taking me to the Grand Canyon to see it. I would love to get some great caches and great photos!! One problem though about Grand Canyon...my husband is not into geocaching or walking/hiking very far :sad: . I downloaded several caches that I would like to grab but not sure how much walking is involved for the Grand Canyon trip. Does anyone know any great caches that my husband would love and not complain about? :laughing:

As for the Tolleson/Phoenix area I would like to know if theres any awesome caches that has great scenery and any history involved? This will be my first trip to the west and I'm excited. I've always wanted to see the "west". I don't mind traveling within 40 mile radius to get some awesome caches and I believe theres like a power run close to Tolleson? I would love to hear any suggestions from anyone that has been in those areas caching.

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the West and Southwest forum.

Hi Southern Angel,

I am in Goodyear, AZ - right next to Tolleson...if you are looking for a Power Trail - check out anything on the SunValley Parkway...you could do over 100 in a day...you MUST check out my caches in that area....mine are on side roads off of the Parkway...also, there are some right on trails behind the White Tank Mountains that you can drive your car on or hike...they would give you a true AZ feel....also, great hiking through the White Tank Park with lots of caches and even a couple of Earth Caches...

There is a busy TB hotel at the Grand Canyon...

There is a Wherigo on our lightrail system in Phoenix.

Email me if you want more information about anything out here...welcome to AZ...it will be in the 90's while you are here...

Also...there are a number of virtual caches around the State Capital that you could both enjoy...lots of war monuments etc.

There is a virtual called Formal Introductions that is unique and I love that is downtown.

How about a ghost town? Vulture Mine is close enough...it was featured on the show Ghost Adventures....

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the West and Southwest forum.

Hi Southern Angel,

I am in Goodyear, AZ - right next to Tolleson...if you are looking for a Power Trail - check out anything on the SunValley Parkway...you could do over 100 in a day...you MUST check out my caches in that area....mine are on side roads off of the Parkway...also, there are some right on trails behind the White Tank Mountains that you can drive your car on or hike...they would give you a true AZ feel....also, great hiking through the White Tank Park with lots of caches and even a couple of Earth Caches...

Email me if you want more information about anything out here...welcome to AZ...it will be in the 90's while you are here...

Hey KBfamily,

Thank you so much for welcoming me to AZ. My husband is already out there working and he said it will be in the 90's which sounds good to me. Here in GA if it even gets in the 80's you're sweating. But, I heard AZ is different you won't sweat. I cant wait to experience AZ.

A 100 caches in a day sounds good. I will be sure to look for your caches and do them. Where is the White Tank Mountain located? I will have to be sure to do the Wherigo. That will be my first. Maybe I won't have any trouble doing it. I don't know much about it but I do know I can find it on my GPS. I will keep you in mind if I need to know anything or need some help/info. Thank you!

Also...there are a number of virtual caches around the State Capital that you could both enjoy...lots of war monuments etc.

There is a virtual called Formal Introductions that is unique and I love that is downtown.

How about a ghost town? Vulture Mine is close enough...it was featured on the show Ghost Adventures....

My husband will only be with me on the weekend he will have to work during the week :laughing: . I will have to check out the virtuals and the war monuments if I have any time left. But, I will definitely have to check out the ghost town. Do you know the GC code for that one? I love stuff like that. Thank you so much for telling me all this.

Hi Southern Angel,

Hey KBfamily,

Thank you so much for welcoming me to AZ. My husband is already out there working and he said it will be in the 90's which sounds good to me. Here in GA if it even gets in the 80's you're sweating. But, I heard AZ is different you won't sweat. I cant wait to experience AZ.

A 100 caches in a day sounds good. I will be sure to look for your caches and do them. Where is the White Tank Mountain located? I will have to be sure to do the Wherigo. That will be my first. Maybe I won't have any trouble doing it. I don't know much about it but I do know I can find it on my GPS. I will keep you in mind if I need to know anything or need some help/info. Thank you!

Welcome to AZ, and I hope you enjoy your stay here. I just wanted to correct one thing you said. You WILL sweat when you're here, you just won't notice it as much as you do in GA. (I've spent a few summers in Atlanta.) The heat here can dehydrate you VERY quickly, so if you're going to do any hiking bring plenty of water with you and drink it. You may also want to check out this site there are alot of helpful folks there.

Stop off at Flagstaff on your way to the Grand Canyon (or back). Flag is home of Northern AZ University and host to over 100 caches in a small area. There is a series of caches Flg - Rt66 that follow Route 66. The 1st is GC1A2KV

You will be taking US 89 from Flag to GC. There are two really neat earth caches GC10959 Elden Pueblo and GC12CZN Old Caves Crater.

If you like beer, try the Lumberyard Brewery.

My son is at NAU.