found my 1st!

sick4x4

You will tend to walk all over a bit either way. Once you start seeing many of the typical find you'l;l start learning what looks out of place and where the cache might be.

Your GPSr is good for getting you within about 20 feet of the cache. After that you should concentrate on finding the cache rather then the GPSr. Its not all that often that you unit will land you directly on top of the cache. But it can get you as close as 3 feet.

I've been caching for almost a year now an I've just recently logged my 200th find :) :) it's definately an addiction but it's a good one. I've got several of my friends hooked as well. Nothing like the feeling of finding your first cache...but like the others said welcome to the game. If you have questions or just off the wall topics the forums is the place to be.

wait till you get on the wrong side of a stream!,,,,, welcome to the game.

Better yet....Wait until you fail to read the cache page, and wind up on the wrong of two three streams, and then, once you figure out the cache is off a certain trail (this is clearly written on the cache page.....) you have a 1.5 mile hike to get there. Mrs. DazD and I jokingly say that there is the right way, the wrong way and our way. But we have a blast, and over a year and almost 550 finds later, we still are. When it all falls out, that's what's important. HAVE FUN!!!!

Later!