Set locationless coordinates to all zeros

Dinoprophet

I'd like to propose that locationless caches automatically be given coordinates of all zeros. That's in the Atlantic Ocean, several hundred miles from any land (at least on my map). That way there won't be these deceptive caches on the cache map or in searches, they're easily searchable themselves (find everything within one mile of N 0 0.00 W 0 0.00), and when you open the cache page, it will be instantly recognizable as a locationless.

This came up in the General forum, I thought I'd move it here.

There are a few locationless caches that are specific to a region, such as my 54 Colorado Fourteeners cache. I want this cache to show up on a search done in Colorado. I have another cache, A Pair of Quintuplets, where I wanted the given coordinates to be an example of what would qualify as a find. I used N 00° 22.222 W 000° 33.333 to get the coords close to 0, 0.

As long as the cache owner has the option of editing the coordinates after the fact, I think automatically setting the default coords to 0, 0 when a locationless cache is created would be great. Another option might be to allow caches to be set with no coordinates at all.

25021_1200.gif

My first thought when joining this site is why the "GC" in the wappoint name could not have had LC, MC, or VC for locationless, multi, or virtual caches. I know there are a few more, sure that could be accomodated too. Maybe there is a reason, I'm a slow cacher so it has not been a issue for me yet, so I haven't looked into it.

Never date a girl whose father calls her princess - chances are she beleives it.