Teams

whysk3y

Okay, I've seen some team names on the logs of some caches that I've found. I was wondering if a few of my buddies and myself could start a team and just write down the team name for the log and if all team members have to be present in order for us to log the Team find. Most of us cache together any way but I am just wondering how this would work?

Thank you.

Different teams have different methods. Some only log a team find if all of them are there. Some log under the team name if any team member found it.

Some team members will log a find on their individual account as well as the team account.

There really aren't any rules. Do whatever makes you and your teammates happy. If anyone complains, tell them I said it was ok. :laughing:

Teams are usually families or close groups of friends who nearly always cache together. If the individual members of the group aren't interested in logging on their own, then a "team" account makes sense. If they have their own accounts and log on their own, the I don't see the point of having a team account on top of that.

If you and your buddies already have individual accounts, creating a team account wouldn't make much sense, but there is nothing stopping you from calling yourself Team whatever and signing the logbook with that name. In your online log you can simply say something like "Found with Team Whatever and signed log with that name". That way the owner doesn't think your log is bogus when he doesn't see your name in the logbook. But if you ask me that would add unnecessary complication.

Edited by briansnat