Newbie has question of whats allowed...

Nell_Laurel

Hi ya! New here, actually new to the whole Geo Caching world. This all seems really cool. Down to the question.

I'm a writer, I like to write about my adventure outdoors and such. I was just wondering if we were allowed to write about our hunts and stuff. Not giving away the exact locations but what we did, what happened... so on. I figure you can post them on here, but what about personal websites? I have an outdoor adventure blog. Can I write about my Geo Caching adventures there or is it limited to here only?

Thanks for the help, looking forward to many great adventures!

Hi

A lot of geocachers blog about their caching adventures - there's even a topic about Geocaching Blogs on these forums somewhere - As long as you don't give away too much info (spoilers) it's fine.

Remember that the cache owners themselves usually enjoy reading finders' logs so try and write a few good words for them as well, if appropriate.

MrsB :)

Sure, sounds cool to me. Most cache owners appreciate a nice detailed log entry when someone finds one of their hides, I'm sure they'd like it even more if someone took the time to write a cool adventure story about hunting for their cache.

Like the others said, just be careful not to give too much detail about where and how the cache is hidden that would spoil the hunt for others.

Oh, and post a link so we can check it out when you're done!