TRAIL OF HEROES LONDON

Because almost every negative comment made about these caches gets deleted

Oh, OK. Must admit I hadn't seen any posts disappear yet, but then I hadn't studied the thread too closely.

Are you sure the threads were being "disappeared" by the mods, rather than the posters editing them?

Because almost every negative comment made about these caches gets deleted

Oh, OK. Must admit I hadn't seen any posts disappear yet, but then I hadn't studied the thread too closely.

Are you sure the threads were being "disappeared" by the mods, rather than the posters editing them?

The negative notes written on the cache pages by the Dutch (which started this whole thread off) were deleted but I don't think any posts in this thread have been deleted.

Well from my perspective since I have found quite a few caches in the area. Caches appear from nowhere for a reason that isn't explained at all. At some point they disappear in the same way as if my magic. Pretty pointless and depressing all round. A bad experience for me although I did at least find one!

That web page has no details of the series / competition / whatever it is. As I missed the thread when it first came out, I've no idea what people are talking about - quite frustrating!

So what happened? Was the original effort so poor that they've had to start again?

Well here's one of the original caches, there were 4 in total which seemed to be pretty uninspiring, they have all been archived now. Hopefully the organisers will have taken on board what's been said about them and if they're planning to release more in May they'll make a better job of it.

That web page has no details of the series / competition / whatever it is. As I missed the thread when it first came out, I've no idea what people are talking about - quite frustrating!

So what happened? Was the original effort so poor that they've had to start again?

Well here's one of the original caches, there were 4 in total which seemed to be pretty uninspiring, they have all been archived now. Hopefully the organisers will have taken on board what's been said about them and if they're planning to release more in May they'll make a better job of it.

mmm coins left in it

On the basis they'd struggle to make a promotion that was much less inspiring, I'd say they'll make a better job of it next time.

Well, I can confirm the two caches on Clapham Common are no longer there. I went to liberate the geocoin this morning only to find the cache was gone, and the nearby fake rock was also gone. I didn't bother to check the Wandsworth or Battersea caches as they have probably also been removed.

What happened to the geocoin I can only imagine, since it's still showing as being in a cache.