More agressive login cookie expiration

I use the website on a real computer and have to sign in multiple times in a single day. VERY annoying!

This happens to people some times. No one seems to be able to explain it.

Personally, I have been logged on at times for over a year. The only times I have ever been forcibly logged off in after certain site upgrades. When I log back on, it always brings me to the TOU page, so I think that is intentional. This happened after the update three weeks ago and I have been logged on since, so I don't think anything has changed.

I haven't had to sign in since I changed my avatar. Has to have been over a week at least. Running chrome on Win 7.

That's probably because the server now takes one look at your avatar and thinks you are Toz. He's such a fixture here that the servers don't even bother to check his cookies.

I haven't had to sign in since I changed my avatar. Has to have been over a week at least. Running chrome on Win 7.

That's probably because the server now takes one look at your avatar and thinks you are Toz. He's such a fixture here that the servers don't even bother to check his cookies.

If the server mistakes you for Toz it would add an extended period of time as matter of course, to allow you time to "reply"!:laughing:

I have been having a similar problem since the last round of site updates. I am running win7 with chrome and I find that my account doens't really log me out just my map session used for searching for caches expires after about 5/6 mins of being idle and no longer displays my finds or hides. The icons just reset to the normal cache icon and I can no longer tell the difference. I then have to go back to search page run new search and then select 'view using google maps'. It is very frustrating to have to do this up to 10 times per day.