Your avatar...

I live in Oklahoma, my wife is Cherokee, and the avatar is a silhouette of a sculpture named "End of the Trail" located in the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City.

The real sculpture is breathtaking as it stands nearly 17 feet tall!!. The title was apropos in the sense finding the cache is usually at the "end of the trail"

eot.jpg

edit to add pic

Edited by NeecesandNephews

30 years ago I was on my way to camp on Pismo Beach, CA. It was night and the river was running very high. So, I hooked up my 74 dodge sedan to my friends 4X4 and he pulled me thru the river. The water was deeper then the hood of the car :shocked: and since it was night, my headlights shined under water like in 20,000 leagues under the sea. Got the nickname Capt. Nemo which I just carried over to caching. :anitongue::rolleyes :

Edited by captnemo

30 years ago I was on my way to camp on Pismo Beach, CA. It was night and the river was running very high. So, I hooked up my 74 dodge sedan to my friends 4X4 and he pulled me thru the river. The water was deeper then the hood of the car :shocked: and since it was night, my headlights shined under water like in 20,000 leagues under the sea. Got the nickname Capt. Nemo which I just carried over to caching. :anitongue::rolleyes :

That's awesome!

Mine is my handle and the public domain logo and my national emblem. Really self explanatory but I like it. Might tinker with it as time goes by.

Mine is a tribute to our old caching Jeep Liberty which met her end after colliding with a deer in December of 2009. She had around 230,000km on her and a lot of those were from caching trips. I'm still looking for a caching vehicle replacement since the Infiniti doesn't handle the backroads quite as well. :lol:

I designed mine. It started out as a camo square with the same colours as the official logo with the public domain logo.

0d05aa57-09c9-4bb4-b242-1fe9a95fb799.jpg

Then when I discovered QR codes, I changed it to a Camo QR code with the same colours as the official logo.

32c74147-dcfa-484e-be93-806f0184f692.jpg

Then as a proof of concept, I added the GPS in the middle to see if it would still work, and there you go. My avitar is a working QR code with cool colours, and a GPS in the middle.

Edited by Andronicus

I designed mine. It started out as a camo square with the same colours as the official logo with the public domain logo.

0d05aa57-09c9-4bb4-b242-1fe9a95fb799.jpg

Then when I discovered QR codes, I changed it to a Camo QR code with the same colours as the official logo.

Then as a proof of concept, I added the GPS in the middle to see if it would still work, and there you go. My avitar is a working QR code with cool colours, and a GPS in the middle.

Yeah, that still works. I don't remember what it says, and I don't have my phone handy, but I remember it working with the GPS in there.

Mine is actually animated, and I use it elsewhere on the interwebs. The little stick figure guy douses himself with the gasoline, and lights himself on fire, and runs around. I change it frequently though, not just here, all over the web.

Mine's my Letterboxing Stamp. This is the second version, the first one I found to be too big for some books. The current stamp is, not coincidentally, about the size of a pink rubber eraser. The original is about three times the "height."

Now that I think of it, my stamp being "Too Tall" would have been quite appropriate, don't you think?

Mine is a tribute to our old caching Jeep Liberty which met her end after colliding with a deer in December of 2009. She had around 230,000km on her and a lot of those were from caching trips. I'm still looking for a caching vehicle replacement since the Infiniti doesn't handle the backroads quite as well. :lol:
Wow, a deer did that?

5852bded-113c-49d0-b68d-9540d6f1ddca.jpg

Doesn't make me want a Liberty... :laughing:

... My avitar is a working QR code with cool colours, and a GPS in the middle.

...I don't remember what it says, and I don't have my phone handy, but I remember it working with the GPS in there. ...

"Brass Cap Junky"

Don't need a phone, just an online reader. Copy/paste the url of the image, submit and bingo-bango, there it is!

Wow, a deer did that?

Doesn't make me want a Liberty...

You haven't seen the deer around here have you?

Here's a quote from 2010 on a local news website:

The North Carolina Department of Transportation says 19,300 animal-related crashes were reported each of the last three years, and 90 percent of those involved deer. Since 2007, the incidents have resulted in 3,353 injuries to people, of which 17 were fatal, and nearly $127 million in property damage.
Wow, a deer did that?

'Round here, we're more concerned with moose. If a deer does that much damage, I'd hate to see how it fares against Alces alces.

moose_crash.jpg

Hmm... maybe I'll suggest this pic for GOF & Bacall's avatar. . .

Edited by Too Tall John
Wow, a deer did that?

'Round here, we're more concerned with moose. If a deer does that much damage, I'd hate to see how it fares against Alces alces.

moose_crash.jpg

I've seen worse damage from hitting a whitetail. Remember, most of what was busted there is plastic of composites and the front end is designed to collapse. The whitetail is the deadliest animal in North America.

And thanks for the avatar. I'm sure it will make it into the place of honor sooner or later.

Wow, a deer did that?

moose_crash.jpg

I've seen worse damage from hitting a whitetail. Remember, most of what was busted there is plastic of composites and the front end is designed to collapse. The whitetail is the deadliest animal in North America.

And thanks for the avatar. I'm sure it will make it into the place of honor sooner or later.

When I lived in AK, a friend & his wife were driving home one night, hit a moose and it bounced off the front of their car into the air and landed on the passenger's side roof. Killed his wife. You can't see them on the road, especially with the ice fog, until it's too late.

My dog, with a pair of my actual glasses (from about 10 years ago) photo-shopped on him.

Really? I assumed you really put your glasses on him.

Mine alternates between pictures of my kid's hamster. I made these after an evening whiled away reading the hamstercaching forums.

8e9a5825-9306-4d03-945a-e1f2c52adb2b.jpg

and a photoshopped image of the Stars and Flowers Forever virtual cache.. It sort of goes with my name.

e052fd2e-08c9-44d7-a289-93183729adbb.jpg

Mine is a cow that I created myself. It is a reflection of years of classical training and expensive graphics tools. I pushed hard to get my avatar into a prominent location in the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, but they kept turning down my suggestions, and eventually took out a restraining order against me.

Apparently some people, and several courts, have no idea of what "fine art" really is. <_<

Anyway, originally, I wanted to use a picture of myself with a mouthful of squid, but briansnat came up with that idea first and I didn't want to seem like a copycat.