Coin Identification

Tennessee Jed

If the coin is trackable, you can enter the code on the trackable page. The name of the coin will show up on the next page, it should say that it's not active and ask if you would like to activate it, just click away.

I no longer activate coins and don't ask for the coins name when trading or selling.

If the coin is trackable, you can enter the code on the trackable page. The name of the coin will show up on the next page, it should say that it's not active and ask if you would like to activate it, just click away.

I no longer activate coins and don't ask for the coins name when trading or selling.

You don't have to activate it or it does not need to be activated. Just put it in, like you are looking for it and is should come up with the name and that is is not active, it will ask if you want to activate it, but you don't have to. See picture below for an example of a Hop Along Shadow coin.

5b023919-3247-41b8-ace6-0acedf73f5bd.jpg

You don't have to activate it or it does not need to be activated. Just put it in, like you are looking for it and is should come up with the name and that is is not active, it will ask if you want to activate it, but you don't have to. See picture below for an example of a Hop Along Shadow coin.

NOSNOW is correct. I use that function all the time since I don't often know the real name of a coin! Works great.

NOSNOW is correct. I use that function all the time since I don't often know the real name of a coin! Works great.

Ditto. Am using that heaps as I catalogue my geocoins, and a grateful they added that functionality. And it is useful for checking that they are indeed unactivated! Twice I have people send me geocoins in missions that were meant to be unactivated and they turned out to be activated!!! One was a complete noob who'd got one of the preactivated FREE diabetes geocoins and sent it as the mission geocoin. :surprise::laughing:

What I do sometimes find is the name that is assigned in Groundspeak's system might be a truncated/shorted version of what it was called in the forums or by the designer/minter.

Edited by keewee