Trackable T-Shirts

Shuckymomo

It seems like this topic has died out. If not, what kind of interest would there be? I could make these for people if there is enough interest. I know, 1 TB per shirt.

Of course, I wouldn't be able to use the TB logo, but it still would be something like "Track me at geocaching.com" and the TB number under it.

You would have the option of having it on the front or the back.

Whaddaya think?

If you are interested, let me know.

Edited by Shuckymomo

I'd like to have a TB T-shirt made. If I do I'm going to use the same tracking code that is on my vehicle cling. I already use it to track my miles from cache to cache.

I'd like to see the TB logo on the T-shirt though.

Contact the folks at Cache Advance then, I think they will make t-shirts with your code if you already have one... I have heard of it being done.

My husband wants a QR T-shirt that links to his personal TB code. We may have to have it done.

You might also want to look into getting Groundspeak permission to do this, using the logo, and become an approved reseller/vendor. I'm pretty sure that Groundspeak had them a while back, but I don't see them on the site now, so they might not have been a big seller.

I'd like to have a TB T-shirt made. If I do I'm going to use the same tracking code that is on my vehicle cling. I already use it to track my miles from cache to cache.

Be careful. One item per tracking number allowed. Or risk it being locked.

You might also want to look into getting Groundspeak permission to do this, using the logo, and become an approved reseller/vendor. I'm pretty sure that Groundspeak had them a while back, but I don't see them on the site now, so they might not have been a big seller.

As I mentioned earlyer, this link has the permissions rules

http://www.geocaching.com/about/logousage.aspx

Just don't sell them. I wonder how it would work if you were 'selling' them at cost? Or worded differently, giving them away, but making the beneficiary pay you for your costs.

As I mentioned earlyer, this link has the permissions rules

Just don't sell them. I wonder how it would work if you were 'selling' them at cost? Or worded differently, giving them away, but making the beneficiary pay you for your costs.

They still would not be able to be sold in the TB forums. And they are not geocoins, so permissions and becoming an approved vendor is the way to go. To do this, one must write to bizdev at Groundspeak dot com.

I thought it was ok to have a tracking number on multiple items as long as they are not being released.

I thought it was ok to have a tracking number on multiple items as long as they are not being released.

Released would include being seen in multiple locations.

They still would not be able to be sold in the TB forums. And they are not geocoins, so permissions and becoming an approved vendor is the way to go. To do this, one must write to bizdev at Groundspeak dot com.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed down already.

It was left open for a bit, because no offer to sell was made, just an idea that could have been nurtured. The OP could read the Groundspeak's Current Coin Tracking Policy in the geocoin forums, learn what it takes to purchase tracking numbers, go through design approval, etc. No offer of a sale was made yet. I would rather we teach someone what the process is, before we shoot their idea down completely. I direct the OP to the pinned threads in the geocoin forums, and will close this thread at their request.