Entering Coordinates

budbon

Thanks everyone. I've learned something today thanks to you.

Not to be creepy, but will you be at the event on Saturday in Farmington?

I recognized your username from last fall.

I am in Arizona and won't return to Durango until Apr 3. Didn't know about Farmington event.

Thanks everyone. I've learned something today thanks to you.

Not to be creepy, but will you be at the event on Saturday in Farmington?

I recognized your username from last fall.

I am in Arizona and won't return to Durango until Apr 3. Didn't know about Farmington event.

Not a big deal, glad you're in a warmer place (snowed this weekend which really made cache hunting a bit more interesting).

The Farmington event is on the 2nd. But I'm sure there will be an event in the area before summer gets too far along- keep an eye out for them (setting up notifications of new caches are a fantastic benefit of being a PM).

I am using my laptop with no number pad. Other than copy/paste is there a way to use the keyboard "Alt 0176?"

In general laptops with no separate number pad have it integrated in the regular QWERTY keyboard. It are additional functions added to the regular function of the character keys and is often marked with small numbers on the keys next or below the normal character on the key. To activate this function most laptops have a FN or Fn key. Just hold this key and press the number you want. If you want to enter ALT 0176 press and hold the ALT and Fn key and press the numbers.

BTW, I use ALT 248.

Good luck, Moose61

With some time and effort you could do a maze.

Alt 200 ╚

Alt 201 ╔

Alt 202 ╩

Alt 203 ╦

Alt 204 ╠

Alt 205 ═

Alt 206 ╬

Oh wow, that brings back memories of hours wasted playing Nethack(A very non-graphic D&D type of game that used ASCII symbols for all the charachters).