coin stands

TheCacheSeeker

LOL

I was just working on this today. I wanted to put my coins on stands and spent most of the day looking for stands. Went to hobby shops, craft shops etc and found nothing. Eventually, we purchased some Floral Stem Wire from the craft shop (18 gauge) and spent a while creating our own. Here's a photo of what we came up with.

There are some online you can buy but I didn't see the point in spending so much. We spent $1.29 on the wire and were able to make 40 stands.

Edited to add: We only have to sand down the points, as we don't want to scratch the coins. If you do this remember to sand them down! They are sharp. We just used pliers to shape the wire.

photo1.jpg

Edited by MoonCat & KDT

LOL

I was just working on this today. I wanted to put my coins on stands and spent most of the day looking for stands. Went to hobby shops, craft shops etc and found nothing. Eventually, we purchased some Floral Stem Wire from the craft shop (18 gauge) and spent a while creating our own. Here's a photo of what we came up with.

There are some online you can buy but I didn't see the point in spending so much. We spent $1.29 on the wire and were able to make 40 stands.

Edited to add: We only have to sand down the points, as we don't want to scratch the coins. If you do this remember to sand them down! They are sharp. We just used pliers to shape the wire.

photo1.jpg

Thank you. I did not want to spend so much on coin stands either, the wire stands sound like a good deal. :grin: