Are You Observant? - The Challenge Cache

entogeek

I noticed there are no dates we can observe between Jun 21 and Halloween, almost 4 months. Hope someone sends a reminder so I don't forget. :P

was just looking at that, would have been nice to have one each month

a04ba00c-4fa6-468a-a57e-f4e5276f0548.jpg

Besides, who says the geek doesn't have something else up its sleeve for you? :blink:

"

Halloween

October 31, 2011

(not a fixed date each year)

"

Huh? Since when is Halloween not a fixed date?

Just wondering what your thinking is for this.

Oct 31? Not a fixed date each year? Sounds more like BFL to me :)

Hey, had to put something in there to get this thread started! :anicute:

I think its a real travesty that you don't mention "talk like a pirate day" ... I mean, aren't we all treasure hunters here?

I can please some of the people some of the time, :D

I can please most of the people all of the time, :P

But how to please a pig? :huh:

Like this

Well, if he waits until 2019, we can have a challenge that includes both the Year of the Pig and International Pig Day. Toss in a Pig Roast and everyone is happy but the Vegetarians.

Edited by Skyecat

I think its a real travesty that you don't mention "talk like a pirate day" ... I mean, aren't we all treasure hunters here?

I can please some of the people some of the time, :D

I can please most of the people all of the time, :P

Like this

Well, if he waits until 2019, we can have a challenge that includes both the Year of the Pig and International Pig Day. Toss in a Pig Roast and everyone is happy but the Vegetarians.

...and the pig.

I was thinking the exact same thing! It's not too late to make a change, at least for any day but today. If you observe talk like a pirate day post your protests here so we can take back our challenges! Arg!

I managed an unknown and a traditional. The multi was mia for me. Got back to a good old Zoly cache I had my first real great geocaching adventure at that my son and I DNF'd about 5 years ago where he was wearing his Tai Kwon Do uniform. It's amazing to go back to places like this and see how the landscape has changes. Both times it was in the dark but the lands around there is breaking up like an earthquake went through. The path I took out before was completely washed away. What a great way to start of the challenge(s).

So, no takers on the protest? :(

Edited by Fababoo

I absolutely LOVE this challenge cache idea. I wish there was one in my area! If I placed one, it sure would be hard to wait a year for FTF.

Feel free to use this idea, and any of my other challenge caches, for your own challenge cache if you like.

Like this

...and the pig.

mmm, peanut butter and bacon!

I'll have to have a look at this one more closely. I still haven't filled in my own grid for the Public Holiday Challenge. BTW, what happened to that thread, I came on looking specifically for that one today.