Cannot upload images.

Pigling

I used to have no difficulty uploading images but now, EVERY time, I get the following message...

This program cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

•You are not connected to the Internet.

•The website is encountering problems.

•There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.The website is temporarily unavailable.The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

Clearly I DO have internet connection and I have tried all other relevant recommended actions to no avail. Can anyone help?

Tearing my hair out (and there's not much left)!

I used to have no difficulty uploading images but now, EVERY time, I get the following message...

This program cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

•You are not connected to the Internet.

•The website is encountering problems.

•There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:

Check your Internet connection. Try visiting another website to make sure you are connected.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.The website is temporarily unavailable.The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

Clearly I DO have internet connection and I have tried all other relevant recommended actions to no avail. Can anyone help?

Tearing my hair out (and there's not much left)!

Clear out your cookies, run a defrag (if you have windows), then restart. Also you can check the size of the image and maybe reduce it if it is too big.

Many of today's modern digital camera shoot photos at 10 or more megapixels. While that is fine for printing it is serious overkill for computer display where the average user has a monitor that displays 2 megapixels or much less. These files are also large in size and can take a while to upload. It just makes sense to take control of the process and resize your images to a more reasonable 800x600 and under 200kb or so before uploading. The resize will be under your control and the upload will go dramatically faster. Many free programs make the resize easy. A very inexpensive program called "a smaller image" makes the process extra easy.

I suspect the upload function at Groundspeak does not handle large file sizes very well. The error does not come across as very meaningful.