Earthcache Photo

txoilgas

I recently started an Earthcache, as I had done previously, and it was declined since I had put a requirement that a photo of some of the items of the Earthcache. I have no problem not requiring pictures of the cacher but what is the problem with requiring pictures of the Earthcache itself?

I recently started an Earthcache, as I had done previously, and it was declined since I had put a requirement that a photo of some of the items of the Earthcache. I have no problem not requiring pictures of the cacher but what is the problem with requiring pictures of the Earthcache itself?

It has been discussed at length in other threads in this section...look for all the closed topics most of them are on this subject. Basically the answer is cuz you are not allowed to.

*Edit...looks like the new board format does not track topics beyond one page...do a search for EarthCache photos or photo requirements and you might come up with the topics.

Edited by Lostby7

Please read Guideline #7 carefully and note that it says, "Exceptions to this guideline will only be considered if the requested photograph is related to an Earth Science logging activity such as recording a phenomenon."

It may be that your photographic requirement does not specifically request that cachers record an aspect of the scientific phenomenon. If the request is simply to take a picture of it, you may not be meeting this strict exception. My best advice is to discuss this further with the Geoaware reviewer and determine how to make the photographic task more scientifically robust.

Please read Guideline #7 carefully and note that it says, "Exceptions to this guideline will only be considered if the requested photograph is related to an Earth Science logging activity such as recording a phenomenon."

It may be that your photographic requirement does not specifically request that cachers record an aspect of the scientific phenomenon. If the request is simply to take a picture of it, you may not be meeting this strict exception. My best advice is to discuss this further with the Geoaware reviewer and determine how to make the photographic task more scientifically robust.

Thanks for the answer. I am pretty sure I can make my case now for the photos.