BUG: State maps not showing caches I've done

lostdog19

quote:
Originally posted by lostdog19:

When I am logged in and pull up a state map, I see the new ones with a different icon, but I don't see any difference in the ones that I've already done. There are no white and black box icons.

Hmmm... try it again.

This time read what it says at the bottom of the map.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

...of having to READ stuff in order to gain information. Its hardly acceptable for Groundspeak to merely put a notice on the page explaining the lack of checkmarks. As a paying member, I expect them to at the very least call me on the telephone to alert me to any changes in the system. Ideally, I'd be informed by singing telegram.

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

Ah - newbie bashing. Isn't it a great sport? Yes - there is a notification on the map page indicating why the checkmarks aren't showing up.

Are you making fun of my hat? It was a present from my deceased grandmother. I know its pink and it has a gigantic feather, but I still love it.

Words hurt, Markwell. icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

quote:

But you missed the all important markwell for this thread: http://opentopic.Groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1750973553&f=3000917383&m=8590995935, which I'm now going to bump to the top (it was one the 5th page!). icon_eek.gif

Did not did not did not! Click on the word "please", the very first word in my embedded Markwelling. It links to the main map server thread (thanks for bumping it!)

Very truly yours,

A Markwell Wannabe

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

quote:

Ah - newbie bashing. Isn't it a great sport? Yes - there is a notification on the map page indicating why the checkmarks aren't showing up.

I hardly consider a charter member for 7 months with 71 finds a newbie!

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
posted by The Leprechauns:

Please, now, Mopar and Mrs. Nazz. Be nice. It is only his fourth time for posting a question in the Groundspeak forums!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?

I guess I deserved that. I haven't used the map page in a while, since I usually import into MS Maps & Streets, so I wasn't even paying attention to the text below the map. I tried searching but it looks like the search feature is having a bit of difficulty. I've also been away from the forums for awhile, so I haven't been able to keep up on everything as much as I'd like. I knew I would probably be markwelled, but didn't quite expect that many previous threads on the topic! I believe this is the most I've ever seen any thread markelled so quickly.

quote:
Originally posted by lostdog19:

I guess I deserved that. I haven't used the map page in a while, since I usually import into MS Maps & Streets, so I wasn't even paying attention to the text below the map. I tried searching but it looks like the search feature is having a bit of difficulty. I've also been away from the forums for awhile, so I haven't been able to keep up on everything as much as I'd like. I knew I would probably be markwelled, but didn't quite expect that many previous threads on the topic! I believe this is the most I've ever seen any thread markelled so quickly.

... Of the Emergency Markwell System.

Had this been an actual newbie, you would have been promptly stomped and notified of the proper thread to post in.

This is only a test.