Trinton 400 and Vantage Point

Maggie has done it again! Another defective release!

Do not load Vantage Point 2.04 if you have a Triton 400. You will not be able to connect your GPS to Vantage Point if you do. I am not the only one with this problem.

I am posting it here because more cachers read this topic area than Hardware.

Maggie has done it again! Another defective release!

Do not load Vantage Point 2.04 if you have a Triton 400. You will not be able to connect your GPS to Vantage Point if you do. I am not the only one with this problem.

I am posting it here because more cachers read this topic area than Hardware.

Let me try it with one of my T400s and I'll get back to you, however, I've used my T1500 and it works fine...

David

I have had a nightmare with tritons. Bought a 200 originally. After a few years, I can say I have had about 10 units all replaced by magellan, several of each upgrade. Each died, usually by freezing. I have had several 500's. I just returned one that died after 4 mos (3 mo warranty) and still got a replacement. The day I got it it froze again. Tried to use it yesterday (next day) and it froze again.

So, they freeze. they lock up and do not turn off. They stay on a permanent screen or startup mode. They die. They work great when they do work. I has to be the design and not me!

Each time I loose one I loose my stored data.

Now, about Vantagepoint. That was my only way of saving info, maps, important material. 3 units ago that quit working too. I have become very familiar with Magellans phone center. Apparantly the vp was upgraded. Because my computer is older and only has 64 mb ram, I can't run the new program that requires 128 ram. They don't have the old option.

Now when my units freeze, I loose everything as I have no place to store it.

Magallan has given me the option of getting an explorist 510. (before I took the unit out yesterday for another test). I said I wanted to do some research on it, not knowing anything and not wanting to go from bad to worse. It seems the explorist also freezes. What is it with this freezing? I have had many outings and vacations ruined by having a unit that quit either right before a trip (like this week) or on my trip. We all know how long it takes to plan for a geocaching outing and the time lost when we head out and have nothing...

So now my delema is do I go for the Ex510?