Can you sort caches that are online by found, not found, or just placed?

Arkman18

Is there a way to sort the caches in your area by caches that have just been placed or are not found. I have not seen a way and thought that some geocachers might be interested in searching for only the caches that have not been found. I was thinking something like the sort-by option ebay has for looking at auctions maybe something like that.

Thanks

[This message was edited by Arkman18 on February 14, 2003 at 07:08 AM.]

Well, not entirely true.

If you go to the state search (Illinois is here), it will show the most recently placed caches on top.

If you go to a proximity search, the caches will be grouped by found and not found. Caches you have found, will be listed on the bottom of the page in a separate group. Since your login doesn't show any found yet, you wouldn't see this separate grouping. It also groups by the ones that are temporarily unavailable, and by the ones you've hidden.

For example, if I do a proximity search from my home coordinates when I'm logged in, the first group I'll see contains the caches that are available, not hidden by me, and not found yet. Right now, on my first page (25 nearest caches) there are four (after 2/22 that number will jump considerably).

Log a few and you'll get the idea.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

For example, if I do a proximity search from my home coordinates when I'm logged in, the first group I'll see contains the caches that are available, not hidden by me, and not found yet.

I thought the question meant "not found by anybody", not just himself. Arkman?

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Mein Vater war ein Wandersmann, und ich hab' auch im Blut

And because I've been negleting the forums and need to boost my forum posts... icon_rolleyes.gif

When you search by State or Country, the order listed is newest to oldest.

When searching by zip, area code, coordinates, etc., the order of the caches is listed by nearest to farthest.

Without regards to the searching method, of the first 25 caches displayed, it will display caches not found by you first, followed by 'Caches you found:", "Caches you have hidden:", and "Caches currently unavailable:".

A note about currently unavailable caches. Within that category are only temporarily disabled caches that you have not found. Temporarily disabled caches that you have found or that you have hidden are listed under their respective categories.

Archived caches are not listed at all and you pretty much have to have the url if you don't have it on your found list and you want to view it.

VF

---------------

burnout.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

All of the sorting requests in this thread are very capably handled by the column sorts and the filters built into ClayJar's Watcher Program for GPX pocket query files. You can sort by date placed. You can sort by cache status, including "unfound." And, Stellartrinity, you can filter the cache listing in Watcher so that it doesn't display caches you've already found. (That's just one of a bunch of helpful filters!) You need to be a charter member, though, in order to get pocket query GPX files that can be used with Watcher.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If there's no accounting for stupidity, then why do I need to file a tax return?