TB hotels in Chicago?

tvchick

Greetings, fellow cachers!

Just wondering if any Chicagoans can recommend a "TB hotel" or equivalent to drop off some trackables? Will briefly be in Chicago and would love to drop off a couple. We'll be in the Millennium Park area, if that helps.

Thanks in advance! :laughing:

Greetings, fellow cachers!

Just wondering if any Chicagoans can recommend a "TB hotel" or equivalent to drop off some trackables? Will briefly be in Chicago and would love to drop off a couple. We'll be in the Millennium Park area, if that helps.

Thanks in advance! :laughing:

I don't know of any specific TB hotels near the downtown area. The few caches listed as 'regular' aren't too big so may not hold more than one or two perhaps. The one ammo can I know of, 'Earth', has DNFs as the last couple of logs. Here are a couple of lists that may be of help if you'll be able to travel: hotels, prisons. The best ways to drop them off may be at an event if there's one scheduled during your visit or go to our local group forums, GONIL, and see if someone can meet up with you so you can pass them off hand to hand.

Greetings! I think I have a pretty good suggestion for you on a regular sized cache in downtown Chicago. The last official Found It/Did Not Find It log was a DNF, but I was there about a week ago and as you'll see by my note for the cache I can assure you the cache is still where the owner put it and at least according to my GPSr the coords are very accurate. The cache title is Tribute to our friend Frazer with a GC number of GC1NXCX .

This cache is located a short walk from the Adler Planetarium building on the museum campus where all the major museums are located. If you take the subway (locally called the L) to the Roosevelt stop and go up to ground level there on Roosevelt St across the street from L station is a bus stop and you can catch bus number 146 out to the Adler Planetarium and get off there for the short walk (about 1/4 mile) to ground zero.

A word of WARNING: At ground zero the area is strewn with large and small concrete blocks so if you or anybody in your party has balance issues you may want to pass on this cache rather than possibly risking falling and breaking a hip or something. It's not dangerous it's just not as stable of a walk as say a stroll through the woods.

Trivia: If you need to buy bus and L passes for your stay for unlimited rides for 1,3 or 7 days while you're in town you can get those passes at Roosevelt Street L station main entrance near the bus stop you take to go to the musuem campus.

Have fun and welcome to the finest city in America!!!! :D

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately I had a pretty small window of time and my main means of transportation was my high heeled feet, so I didn't get to travel very far. Just the Bean virtual and a puzzle cache that didn't fit my smallest coin. :(

But I was reminded how much I love Chicago, so I hope to be back soon to pick up some others. I just read that Lou Malnati's can FedEx pizzas to the West Coast, which I find simultaneously intriguing and disturbing. :huh:

I'm keeping that Planetarium cache on my radar for next hope midwest. I'll be back soon... Tasting Room wines are half price on Monday! :anitongue: