PQ ISSUES?

Damin69

Anyone else creating PQ tonight betting notification that your PQ ran is ready for Download but when you go to the PQ DL page nothing is showing up? This is happening to both My DAD and I. We are on a Road Trip and I really need my PQs that I just ran to fill in the gaps. This sucks. Big time.

Domo!!!

Yep, something really weird is going on right now.

PQs, my find and others, seems to be generated, but cannot find it in the download tab.

For the my find PQ, counts are correct, but once downloaded, it's only the old/previously generated PQ, missing the latest finds.

I, and also some others have already posted on the 'feedback' page.

Hope it gets resolved VERY soon!

Definitely a bad timing...

~ Dr.MORO

There seems to be some sort of problem, my guess is the hard disk that stores the pocket queries is full.

Anyway, 2 ways to get round this:

1. view the results of the pocket query, select all finds on the page and download. This is a .loc file, so might not be very useful.

2. Reduce the number of caches you are including in your pocket query. I took mine down to 70 and selected an account to email the pocket query to. After a little while I got the results emailed to me. Note: I still can't down load them from the page, but I could down load it from my email. In theory you should be able to get up to 500 results emailed to you, but given they are having problems, I would suggest you keep the number fairly low to reduce the strain on the system.

Good luck

A_Snail

Domo again!!! Still not fixed... :(

Why the heck do they change things on Friday evening???

Really don't understand.

Links to 'Feedback':

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75863-report-a-problem/suggestions/1629755-my-finds-pq-downloading-old-previous-pq?ref=title

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75863-report-a-problem/suggestions/1629781-pocket-queries-say-they-ve-generated-but-no-downlo?ref=title

Please cast your votes, so they'll know how serious this problem is!

A real bummer...

Domo again!!! Still not fixed... :(

Why the heck do they change things on Friday evening???

Really don't understand.

I'm not sure if anyone actually changed anything. The whole website is running on WIndoz platform, things tend to break all by themselves :P

There seems to be some sort of problem, my guess is the hard disk that stores the pocket queries is full.

Anyway, 2 ways to get round this:

1. view the results of the pocket query, select all finds on the page and download. This is a .loc file, so might not be very useful.

2. Reduce the number of caches you are including in your pocket query. I took mine down to 70 and selected an account to email the pocket query to. After a little while I got the results emailed to me. Note: I still can't down load them from the page, but I could down load it from my email. In theory you should be able to get up to 500 results emailed to you, but given they are having problems, I would suggest you keep the number fairly low to reduce the strain on the system.

Good luck

A_Snail

Your suggestion to reduce the number of caches worked for me. I reassigned the number of caches to below five hundred and it sent the pocket query in an e-mail. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited by geoexpress

... The whole website is running on WIndoz platform, things tend to break all by themselves :P

Hey dfx, I would have said Windoze. As in "doze": TO FALL ASLEEP

Check the Urban Dictionary. I think it best to NOT post a link here.

I know that, I just feel that the "windoze" name is kinda getting old. Time for a bit of variation :P

Anyone else creating PQ tonight betting notification that your PQ ran is ready for Download but when you go to the PQ DL page nothing is showing up? This is happening to both My DAD and I. We are on a Road Trip and I really need my PQs that I just ran to fill in the gaps. This sucks. Big time.

We tried last night again today and no luck. The queries are just not coming up. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

So why am I paying to be a member of this site if they will not support their own systems? I am trying to download a PQ and get nothing. This is VERY FRuSTRATING for a paying customer. If nothing else, GC should be offering an extension of a month for those affected.

Perhaps a class action lawsuit for failing to meet the terms of service is in order...

So why am I paying to be a member of this site if they will not support their own systems? I am trying to download a PQ and get nothing. This is VERY FRuSTRATING for a paying customer. If nothing else, GC should be offering an extension of a month for those affected.

Perhaps a class action lawsuit for failing to meet the terms of service is in order...

You do understand that new features like Souvenirs and Statistics are working fine. PQ's are an old feature. Groundspeak has to set priorities and PQ's have become a low priority. And Groundspeak no longer has time to read through the Forums. If you want to tell them how you feel about the PQ problems this is the Complaint Department

My bad. It seems the Feedback item I directed you to has been classified as "COMPLETED". That means they are claiming the problem is fixed. We all know that is not true. Come back again next weekend and see what happens.

Edited by Cardinal Red

Wow.

I mean...

Wow.

:blink:

Pocket queries are one premium member feature. There's instant notify, bookmarks, Premium member caches, Saved GPX files, favorite points, the off-topic forum, changing your moniker in the forums, downloading individual GPX files instead of LOC, statistics, sorting results by columns, filtering the GC.com maps. Pocket queries are one portion of the premium membership perks that are offered. The main reason for Premium Membership is to help support the site. Groundspeak offers perks for those that support them. They aren't "selling" you a product like "Pocket Queries delivered daily for just $30US per year."

The site is still functioning, which had difficulties last week. Guess what? The weather improved in the U.S. All of the couch potatoes that got a GPS for Christmas got off the couch and headed out into the great air to enjoy nature. Geocaching.com is taking a hit. Sometimes the programmers can anticipate the hits, sometimes they can't. Site scrapers make the job more difficult.

Raine posted that he had to reset the pocket queries yesterday. That's awfully nice for a site that deals with a recreational hobby to reset a whole process. Try getting a huge corporate company like Symantec to do that on the weekend for your home computer. I pay Symantec twice what Groundspeaks gets for a premium membership. And there was one time that Symantec didn't catch a virus (only identified it). I had to search internet forums to get it finally cleared. The anti-virus software didn't help at all. Are there class-action lawsuits for that kind of stuff?

Problems happen. My ability to cache and find spot may be slowed, but my life doesn't stop with the fact that some pocket queries didn't get run and delivered on a weekend.

I'm going to guess that one complaint is that the data is old. I'd suggest using some old data to find caches. Even if the offline database users are maintaining (something GC.com doesn't even support) is updated weekly, it would still be pretty good data. On March 20, 2010 (comparable date from last year) there were 7,445 caches in the Chicago area. In the week of March 20 to March 27, there were 53 new caches and 22 caches archived. That means that only 1% of the caches changed with additions and archived caches in a period of one week. Sure there may have been coordinate changes and temporarily disabled caches. Let's even say that it's the same number as archives and new caches. That still means that only 2% of the data changed from week to week.

Rather than threatening a class action lawsuit for the failure of a hobby-based company to provide one of the perks that makes it easier to find tupperware in the woods, why doesn't everyone get out and enjoy the weather with the data they have?

That's what I'm going to do.

Wow.

I mean...

Wow.

:blink:

Pocket queries are one premium member feature. There's instant notify, bookmarks, Premium member caches, Saved GPX files, favorite points, the off-topic forum, changing your moniker in the forums, downloading individual GPX files instead of LOC, statistics, sorting results by columns, filtering the GC.com maps. Pocket queries are one portion of the premium membership perks that are offered. The main reason for Premium Membership is to help support the site. Groundspeak offers perks for those that support them. They aren't "selling" you a product like "Pocket Queries delivered daily for just $30US per year."

The site is still functioning, which had difficulties last week. Guess what? The weather improved in the U.S. All of the couch potatoes that got a GPS for Christmas got off the couch and headed out into the great air to enjoy nature. Geocaching.com is taking a hit. Sometimes the programmers can anticipate the hits, sometimes they can't. Site scrapers make the job more difficult.

Raine posted that he had to reset the pocket queries yesterday. That's awfully nice for a site that deals with a recreational hobby to reset a whole process. Try getting a huge corporate company like Symantec to do that on the weekend for your home computer. I pay Symantec twice what Groundspeaks gets for a premium membership. And there was one time that Symantec didn't catch a virus (only identified it). I had to search internet forums to get it finally cleared. The anti-virus software didn't help at all. Are there class-action lawsuits for that kind of stuff?

Problems happen. My ability to cache and find spot may be slowed, but my life doesn't stop with the fact that some pocket queries didn't get run and delivered on a weekend.

I'm going to guess that one complaint is that the data is old. I'd suggest using some old data to find caches. Even if the offline database users are maintaining (something GC.com doesn't even support) is updated weekly, it would still be pretty good data. On March 20, 2010 (comparable date from last year) there were 7,445 caches in the Chicago area. In the week of March 20 to March 27, there were 53 new caches and 22 caches archived. That means that only 1% of the caches changed with additions and archived caches in a period of one week. Sure there may have been coordinate changes and temporarily disabled caches. Let's even say that it's the same number as archives and new caches. That still means that only 2% of the data changed from week to week.

Rather than threatening a class action lawsuit for the failure of a hobby-based company to provide one of the perks that makes it easier to find tupperware in the woods, why doesn't everyone get out and enjoy the weather with the data they have?

That's what I'm going to do.

I wish this forum had a LIKE button!