Pocket Queries 1000 caches

I'm having some issues downloading my pocket queries with 1000 caches in them. I am setting things up okay, the preview shows 1000 caches centered around the event with the correct terrain ratings. I get notification that the pocket query ran (date and time stamp in bold) and I get the email saying it has run. What I am NOT getting is the actual link with the gpx/zip file in the Pocket Queries Ready to Download.

I've done this twice. Is it me, or is it GC.Com? Anyone else having this problem?

I'm having some issues downloading my pocket queries with 1000 caches in them. I am setting things up okay, the preview shows 1000 caches centered around the event with the correct terrain ratings. I get notification that the pocket query ran (date and time stamp in bold) and I get the email saying it has run. What I am NOT getting is the actual link with the gpx/zip file in the Pocket Queries Ready to Download.

I've done this twice. Is it me, or is it GC.Com? Anyone else having this problem?

Exactly the same for me right now. Hopefully those run PQ's actually appear soon...

does it show when you return to your PQ page - on the download tab??

No it does not show up in the download tab. How frustrating! I hope they are aware of this. That is my worry. Because I know they will fix it once they know about it. They are usually pretty good about fixing things like this.

does it show when you return to your PQ page - on the download tab??

No it does not show up in the download tab. How frustrating! I hope they are aware of this. That is my worry. Because I know they will fix it once they know about it. They are usually pretty good about fixing things like this.

Earlier today I ran a PQ of about 250 caches. Of course, I had an attachment. After reading this thread, I checked the download page. The query is not listed.

It's kind of distressing that the web site has had major problems, three weekends in a row.

Same thing here. Ran a pocket query yesterday for 800 caches and email that they are ready for download but they are not in the "Pocket Queries Ready for Download" list. Though I had done something wrong so ran it again this morning with the same results. The pocket query that I usually receive on Saturday morning shows there though.

Looked at the list of "Active Pocket Queries" and the ones not showing are present but have a line through them.

It appears that the PQs for 1000 caches update the date run, but do not replace any previously run PQ.... so the data is a previous run. Looks like temporarily we will be doing the 500 cache PQs... that still works.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but just ran a new query for 500 caches and had the same results. Not on my download list and shows up in the list with a line through it.

Edit: I was able to download this query from the attachment on my email.

Edited by rovers3

Domo!!! Still not fixed... :(

Why the heck do they change things on Friday evening???

Really don't understand.

Links to 'Feedback':

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75863-report-a-problem/suggestions/1629755-my-finds-pq-downloading-old-previous-pq?ref=title

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/75863-report-a-problem/suggestions/1629781-pocket-queries-say-they-ve-generated-but-no-downlo?ref=title

Please cast your votes, so they'll know how serious this problem is!

A real bummer...

PS: Also a redundant topic here:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=271023&pid=4660779&st=0entry4660779

You guys posted to early. Once someone came into the office on the West Coast they fixed it. You wouldn't want them to have to get up in the middle of the night would you.

Hi Walt. Poking the Bear? Well me too. This is utterly ridiculous. Groundspeak is lucky they have a virtual monopoly. They couldn't survive with real competition. NOTHING is fixed. SOMETHING got a little temporary life kicked back into it is all. Want to bet it's broken again/yet next weekend?

Anyway, here is my story today.

Generated a brand new PQ of 975 caches by zip code and filtering out inactive caches. NOTHING ! ! !

Then generated a brand new PQ of 975 caches by waypoint number without any filters. CAME THROUGH.

Thought I might as well try an experiment.

Generated a brand new replacement for first unsuccessful PQ of 975 caches, but this time by waypoint number without any filters. CAME THROUGH.

Am I on to something?

It appears that the server handling even # PQ is alive and working (my 900+ PQ arrived with the correct date) but the odd # PQ server is not returning anything.

Since the PQ # is assigned when you create a PQ, and there's no easy way of finding out what it is until it runs and you get your PQ result, if you need your PQs really bad, create a bunch of identical ones with slightly differing names and see if one of them runs.

Edit to add some information : I have a set of 5 PQs covering this area. They are identical except for the "date hidden" range values. From past experience I know that 1, 3 and 5 run on one server, and 2 and 4 run on another. I couldn't get 5 to run, but I received results for 2 quickly. 1, 3 and 5 run on the odd server, the other 2 on the even server, but I think that is just coincidence.

Edited by Chrysalides

Hmm, did GS add more servers?

My odd # PQ did not arrive.

My even # PQ 4524784 arrived very quickly

My even # PQ 6297110 ran almost 90 minutes after 4524784. They were submitted about the same time.

4524784 mod 4 = 0

6297110 mod 4 = 2

Or could be just a fluke...

I submitted 2 more PQs, one with mod 4 = 1, and the other = 3. Both arrived very quickly.

If your PQ still hasn't run, try unselecting it, then selecting it again. If all else fails, make a copy and run that copy instead.

Edited by Chrysalides