PDA Room

VentureForth

I asked Jeremy the other day if he thought it would be prudent to start a PDA room in the Forums. I feel like it's a very popular topic, and uniquely different than any of the other rooms available (closest would be GPS Hardware, but I think that's more suited for just full GPS handheld units).

Anyway, he felt that there were getting to be too many rooms on the site, but he did think it was an interesting thought.

I feel that there is a very different aspect to geocaching when PDAs are utilized.

Anyone else interested in supporting this idea?

Please vote only if you use a PDA or are interested. I can see it now... 100 "NO" votes "I don't use a PDA"....

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

[This message was edited by VentureForth on August 22, 2002 at 02:54 PM.]

[This message was edited by VentureForth on August 22, 2002 at 02:54 PM.]

Personally, if I didn't use a PDA and wasn't interested in them, I think I'd vote "yes" just to get the interminable PDA threads out of the general fora and the software/hardware forum.

As it is, of course, I do geocache with a PDA so I still answered "yes."

warm.gif

I consider my PDA as a memory upgrade for me. I am beginning to suffer from CRS and it takes care of all that stuff so I don't have to.

I love the idea of a PDA room, but I can't remember why icon_confused.gif

icon_eek.gif Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son!

I consider my PDA as a memory upgrade for me. I am beginning to suffer from CRS and it takes care of all that stuff so I don't have to.

I love the idea of a PDA room, but I can't remember why icon_confused.gif

icon_eek.gif Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son!

The main reason I brought it up is because I have found that discussions about PDA software is uniquely different than PC software, but close enough to be confusing. In addition, I feel that from a hardware standpoint, cabling, accessories, etc., are uniquely different than the basic hardware out there.

I'd also like to suggest a change to the GPS & Ham Radio room to omit the word "Ham" so that it is inclusive of FRS, GMRS & CB radios.

Any thoughts?

---------------

wavey.gif Go! And don't be afraid to get a little wet!

I would wonder just how much it would get used, but it would be nice to have nonetheless... Maybe just add it to the GPS forum: GPS/PDA?

I love mine (Sony NR70V). It is my second brain (and sometime my first) and I don't know how I got along without a PDA... I keep my MP3's on it, Update my caches with it, maintain my Quicken accounts with it, use it to turn on my TV, take pictures of geocaching stuff with it... you name it. AND I've been into these things less than a year!

As soon as they Release the GPS Memory Stick in the 'States I will get one ASAP.

Now if I could only get textbook makers to offer a Palm Reader version of their books...