Street or Topo Map for Garmin 62s

G & E

I own a Garmin 62s loaded with Garmin's Topo Canada. It does everything I need it to do, as long as I'm in Canada. I going on a business trip to Nebraska and hope to be able to stop to pick up a few geocaches on the weekend. It would also be nice to have something a little better than the base map for Omaha. Garmin gives me a choice of City Navigator North America 2011 which is a very nice product. I can also buy for slightly less money a group of US states. However I really don't think I'll be going to the midwest very frequently. I'm almost ready to buy City Navigator. It seems extravagant for the few evenings and one weekend that I'll be in that USA city. However either this year or next I might make it to a border state so it would also be useful there. Before I do the deal would anybody have any other suggestions? I've heard of Microsoft Street and Trips but it looks like a similar price for much the same thing. The single city maps that Garmin sells would be perfect but I'm afraid that Omaha doesn't rate for one yet as it is not on their list. Suggestions?

Free non-routable topo maps at gpsfiledepot.com

Free routable non-topo maps at garmin.na1400.info

It looks like I should have posted the question here a few days ago. The site says I have to wait 3.5 days. I only have 1 left before take off. Thanks for the ideas though.

Free non-routable topo maps at gpsfiledepot.com

Free routable non-topo maps at garmin.na1400.info

It looks like I should have posted the question here a few days ago. The site says I have to wait 3.5 days. I only have 1 left before take off. Thanks for the ideas though.

I'm in the same boat as you :D I live in Ontario Canada & just bought an Oregon 450. Next step is to load'er up with maps! I know Garmin Topo Canada is routable, OR, grab City Navigator & get all of North America!

..or just to get my feet wet try the free openstreet maps :)

Yeah when I first tried grabbing a specific set for my area it said I needed to wait > 3 days :( BUT,, if you pick entire States-or-Provinces, it'll let you download them immediately! Try it :)