Most Favorite Points

I've discussed this topic with several people and each person has a slightly different method of looking up the info, so I was wondering if anyone had a good method of figuring out which caches have the most favorite points, say, in a particular state. Pocket queries give a pretty good indication, but you are limited to a search of only 1000 caches, which obviously does not cover entire states. Perhaps this question has an easy answer and I'm just not a pocket query guru. Thanks in advance!

Do a pocket query of all the caches in one state. (Select the state from the drop down box under "Within," don't select "within a radius.")

Then click on the link that says "You can preview the search..."

You now have a list of the 1000 oldest caches in your state, which isn't what you were looking for, is it? No worries, we're about to fix that.

This next step should NOT work, but it does:

At the top of the column headings, click on the icon that looks like a little blue ribbon. Voila! You are now looking at a list of the 1000 caches in your state with the largest number of favorite votes, with the most highly-favorited caches at the top of the list. Even if they were placed too late to show up in the original 1000 cache list, they will show up here.

Unfortunately, they won't show up in your original pocket query. You're going to have to send them individually to your GPS, or create a bookmark list and then do a PQ on that list.

Edited by GeoGeeBee