Feature Req: Easy Goto Cache Page

snarfblat

I had an idea... wouldn't it be nice to be able to have an easy way to go to a specific cache's page? Have a simple text field on the page somewhere that you can punch in the cache's waypoint (e.g. GCG6DZ).

The way I've started tracking caches is to send myself pocket queries of all caches in a given area. I then cram those waypoints into my GPS and then also download the description data into my old Palm IIIx. Well, since the caches show up using their "GC" waypoints, and that's also how I look 'em up in the Palm, it'd be nice to easily punch in that code to get to the cache's page for logging finds. This is especially helpful if you've visited out-of-area caches that don't show up on the Search page.

Rob

Like on the Hide & Seek A cache page where it says "waypoint"?

You could also make yourself a simple HTML page local on your machine using this url:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GCxxxx and bookmark it.

Oh, and and if you use IE for a browser, you might want to check out Fuzzy's Geocaching Toolbar, it's a pretty nifty little addon that would do exactly what you want.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Brainerd:

Something like that. But the data entry field on your mock-up only accepts 5 characters.

And thats a problem why? last time I looked all caches here were GC _ _ _ _ (4 characters)

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

And thats a problem why? last time I looked all caches here were GC _ _ _ _ (4 characters)

I was counting the GC in the 6. Didn't notice the Bold and Capitalized ''GC'' before the data entry field. icon_eek.gif Oops. It works great. icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Brainerd:

Something like that. But the data entry field on your mock-up only accepts 5 characters.

Thanks for pointing that out. It should, of course, only accept 4 characters. It's now fixed.

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."