Pocket Query Summary Page

mrcpu

My Query Summary looks like this:

Unfound Near My Home (eBook) (LOC)

Found (LOC)

Mine (LOC)

OFF (LOC)

Canada LAST WEEK (Tuesday) (LOC)

Notice how I typed in the word "Tuesday" on the description? What I'd love to see is that after the description when the code generates (LOC) and (eBook) it also generates (M Tu W Th F Sa Su) as per the schedule the cache is running on.

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

A neat feature to add would be some pre-canned queries:

Unfound Near Home

Unfound In My State

My Caches

My Finds

I'd just create a pop up called "Pocket Query Wizard". When you call the asp page it would create a list of links that would help query things like the users home coordinates and their home state and then generate the query.

In addition, the PQW would need a drop down box that listed the queries available so the user could select "New" or whichever one they want to replace.

I'm betting this would not take long to do and would be really helpful for the end user.

Cheers,

Rob

Mobile Cache Command

While the pocket query is very cool, the first thing I'd like to see implemented is the ability to get the results on demand, rather than on a schedule. As it is right now, I tend to select nearly every day, so I know I'll have the latest query if I decide to do some caching. This results in a lot of wasted bandwidth/emails, since most days I simply delete them. If it were on demand, I'd probably only run 1 or 2 per week.

I'll second Paul & Suzanne's suggestion. I also have most of them set to run daily, yet throw some away if I'm not going out that day.

In another thread, someone suggested allowing everyone to get 'up to 5 reports per day' which could be used up either by auto-scheduled queries, or on-demand ones.

Of course we'd want to have the queries already set-up, but not scheduled for any days. Then we would bring up the query we want and press a 'Deliver Now' button or something.

Lil Devil lildevil.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Lil Devil:

Of course we'd want to have the queries already set-up, but not scheduled for any days. Then we would bring up the query we want and press a 'Deliver Now' button or something.

Lil Devil http://www.trailbikesportsmen.org/images/lildevil.gif

I keep my queries set up with the search information I need, but no days selected.

Before going out to geocache, I edit the query I want and click todays day and click update. When I check my email, it's already delivered. Then I go back and uncheck the day, back to no days checked.

This works just like a "deliver now", and it can be done with each query. I think this is a better way to do it since if you wanted to customize a query, you would have to wait until the next day if you have all the days checked and your queries have already been delivered for the day.

quote:

Before going out to geocache, I edit the query I want and click todays day and click update. When I check my email, it's already delivered. Then I go back and uncheck the day, back to no days checked.

This works just like a "deliver now", and it can be done with each query. I think this is a better way to do it since if you wanted to customize a query, you would have to wait until the next day if you have all the days checked and your queries have already been delivered for the day.

I noticed this behavior too. I haven't confirmed it but it would seem that as soon as you enable a query it runs the query right away. I haven't tried it yet but I wonder if the query has to stay OFF overnight or if you turned it off, save, turn on, save, if it would deliver on demand.

Anyways, I'm the one who recommended the ondemand AND scheduled query methodology with a limit of 5 or so per day.

Rob

Mobile Cache Command